MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPCWeapon1 Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:28 pm
Danoc wrote:Lmao lol that was a crazy statement lol.

$1200 & $2100 is not cheap and not for no bedroom. lol Anyone can can use it anywhere.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Yes, 1200 dollar for professional production equipment is not considered high end. Considering the same people are buying 800 dollar smartphones. In fact the Rane SEVENTY-TWO Battle-Ready DJ mixer cost 1900.

$2200 is definitely a professional price point.
By Danoc Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:06 pm
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
Most Profound!!!!

Dudes get the machines and actually think the machine will make the music for them. SMH :?

Ill-Green wrote:The real failure here is not making heat on the MPC Live. Sounds like dudes buy a Live, they couldn't figure out a basic feature, so they kick and scream and never use the Live again but come here and complain. You suppose to be ninja with it!!
By Danoc Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:12 pm
Exactly!!! :worthy: :worthy: There is absolutely no need to make a super machine MPC, Akai need to get the Flagship X poppin and make it super duper and sales can climb on it.

MPCWeapon1 wrote:$2200 is definitely a professional price point.
Bymember04959388 Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:35 pm
If only they understand that a perfectly working Mpc Live would be unbeatable, Akai could enter bedrooms, studios, venues and so on.
But until their units are faulty, people cannot trust them.
It's a silly way of behaving, losing customers for your laziness.
I really don't understand
By MaScHiNeHeAd Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:45 pm
Ill-Green wrote:The real failure here is not making heat on the MPC Live. Sounds like dudes buy a Live, they couldn't figure out a basic feature, so they kick and scream and never use the Live again but come here and complain. You suppose to be ninja with it!!

Couldn't agree more, Ill! :worthy: :lol: :lol:
By Danoc Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:38 pm
KAY!!!! Has the best QUESTION of the month!!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:lol:

kaydigi wrote:So your saying I have to pay $10k to get crossfade loop and disc streaming? Sign me up.
By Danoc Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:40 pm
HASBRO? Bllllaaaaaahhhh lol you ain't right bruh :lol: :lol:

Wormhelmet wrote:Alright, but wait -

MPC 60, 3000, 2000, 4000 - Hattori Hanzo Ninja Tool
Newer MPC’s REN on up - Hasbro Ninja Tool

:lol:
By Sharris Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:09 pm
Ill Green always comin with that wisdom! I agree 100%

I get workflow is important. So I understand that an MPC Live might not be for everyone. But if you can't make amazing tracks on the MPC Live, it is not the Live's fault (unless of course you have a faulty unit :wink:
By Wormhelmet Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:25 pm
There are guys that can take a few buckets, some drum sticks, a couple pots and pans, and an old metal garbage can lid and lay down sicker beats than guys with the X I’m sure, but does the device gel with you mentally? Cuz that’s all it takes.

Can be an sp 202, MPC, electribe, DAW tool, Casio, or whatever - you only make sick beats if your feelin it.

If all you do is worry about missing features thinking it’s gonna be what you need to get your flow goin, then you aren’t gonna be makin beats. Get something you can make beats with and quit worrying about shit. If the Live or X isn’t doing it for you, find something that does and sell it or shelve it until you think it’s ready to mind meld with you.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:57 am
It's never the Tools, it's always the person. But ask any professional and they will tell you, give me the best tools that are available and if they aren't lets make them.

I've worked in Studios, where guys bought 5000 dollar compressors and still modded them to achieve the sound or texture they want. They work directly with SSL, HARRISON, and NEVE to mod gear strictly for them. Yes, not everyone needs a SUPER MPC, however I would rather have the option to have one.

Look at movies, sure we can shoot on an iphone but I want to use For.A FT-ONE Full 4K Variable Frame Rate Camera with the best cinema lenses I can find. Working and being around top quality gear, you start to realize how easy it makes the workflow. Creativity will flourish when the gear is not in the way.

Last weekend I was messing around with a Moog System 35 Modular Synthesizer and that piece starts a 20K. That is why I suggest to make them a limited edition, because it not for everyone budget. But for everyone who wants

16 analogue outs.
16 analogue in
Dante
4 midi in and 8 midi outs,
500 series interchangeable modular slots,
Word-clock/ 2 SPDIF,
4 USB 3 Slots
Host VSTi and VST in stand alone,
64 gigs DDR4-2666 of up-gradable RAM,
Up-gradable about M2 SSD
Dual ADAT in/outs
HDMI Video Outs