MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Voseone Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:46 am
WAV. Samples folder loaded on a SanDisk 32gb flash drive, working perfectly with Pioneer's SP-16 Toraiz.
But when plugged into the MPC Live I am unable to see the contents of the WAV. Sample folder. :shock:
I am unsure as to whether i have to format the flash drive, get a separate flash drive for the MPC altogether, or record performances from the Toraiz to the MPC.
:popcorn:
And also is there a way to import MP3's for use in the MPC Live, or would I have play a clip from my phone to the line input, convert it, or something? :hmmm:
By Voseone Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:08 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:What format is the disk? MPC Live reads all modern formats but I don't think it reads old formats like FAT16 etc. You'll need to find a compromise format that suits both machines.

MPC Live reads mp3 files direct from disk, no problem.

The format is FAT32.
And I see once I've connected to the computer the WAV folder is empty and the samples have been moved to a Pioneer DJ Sampler folder.
Loaded the flash drive, and the WAV's that had been moved work accordingly. Now loading MP3's for a trial run. :worthy:
Works awesome.
Last edited by Voseone on Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Lampdog Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:13 am
Maybe the files “moved” and not copied. Do some experimenting to see how things act when you do certian things.