MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Bymember04959388 Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:29 pm
zelnaga wrote:I'm going to try to keep a long story as short as possible. As soon as I landed in Cumberland, I received a text from Jack O Donnell saying that he was almost at the airport to pick me up. I got in the car and we headed off to Luciano's for lunch. I asked him a few questions about the MPC Live and X and he soon realized how I interested I was in these product lines. He spoke briefly about the development and day to day operations of MPC. There was a lot of politics involved with the consolidation between the legacy AKAI team and Alesis/InMusic. After an amazing lunch, we hopped back in his VW and began to head to the AKAI Professional headquarters. It was surprisingly much bigger than I expected it to be. I got to briefly speak to some of the engineers and developers on my tour. When I asked about what they had in store for future updates for the MPC line I was quite surprised. They were quite vague in their explanations but shed light on some of their future plans. They informed me that it was very important to them that once they have a solid foundation down on the MPC Live and X line , they are really looking to really push the envelope creatively and technologically with the MPC's feature set. I saw rough schematics and layouts of what appeared to be crazy futuristic looking midi and audio effects modules, percussive and melodic sound generators, alternate sequencers, Polyphonic Expression diagrams (!!!!!), and more. A lot of what I saw immediately reminded me of what companies like Teenage Engineering, Elektron, Propellorheads, and various iOS Developers have been doing. I saw some beautiful concept art of intricate hardware setups that seemed to center around the X. Before I left, I was graciously gifted a bunch of AKAI swag such as tshirts, posters, codes for free mpc expansions, and a brand new wireless mpk25. As a fan and avid user of the MPC line, I was very happy to get a glimpse of this. I can definatley say that there is some cool stuff heading our way down the road... ;) ;) ;)

Yes I also had a talk with Mr. Spock and he told me that Akai Pro is in touch with all Star Trek crew and some alien technology
By Icepulse Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:36 pm
cloud777 wrote:Running vst instruments in standalone would b dope game changer

I’d be really happy w/ more interactive GUI’s for all effects. I’d love to see an X/Y pad for each effect, per pad or program. I’d also love if the track mute page included audio tracks.

And of course, SDD / SD card streaming.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:36 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:There are plugins that are compiled for linux, so it is possible, I believe it can be done within Juce which is what the MPC Software is created in. The host application (MPC Firmware) needs to support them though and I suspect it's easier said than done and it's ultimately a lot of work for what is a very limited market, i.e. re-coding plugins for one specific niche platform, ie. MPC Firmware. I think they'd need to be 100% certain that people will be willing to pay $$$ for these plugins. And when you have people bitching about paying $99 for MPC 2.0, I can see how Akai might be unwilling to go for it.

Many want professional features, support, and gear for free. However MPC Touch/Renaissance user should've received the upgrade for free after that 1.9 debacle. :nod:
By Danoc Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:46 pm
:worthy: Exactly!!! It could happen but the reality, :hmmm:

MPC-Tutor wrote: I think they'd need to be 100% certain that people will be willing to pay $$$ for these plugins. And when you have people bitching about paying $99 for MPC 2.0, I can see how Akai might be unwilling to go for it.
By Danoc Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:52 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :popcorn: Give the dude the benefit of the doubt LOL :lol:

"Side Note' I would have expected some pics or something, of such importance" But that's just me LOL :smoker: :-D

Man this is about to turn into comedy central.

CharlesRandolph wrote:Use this the next time you talk or Mr. O'Donnell picks you up from the airport. :lol: :lol: :lol:

By Certified Beatz Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:58 pm
CharlesRandolph wrote:Use this the next time you talk or Mr. O'Donnell picks you up from the airport. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Do anyone else remember the RECEPTOR QU4TTRO that came out in 2013? This is what the Flagship MPC could be. All the Receptor needed was the hardware and sequencing combinations of the MPC. This is an example of what I meant by an Limited Edition MPC XL. :lol: Akai already has it's OS, hardware form factor. They just need to ramp up the internal specs and i/o count. KEYWORD: LIMITED EDITION

Specs: (2013)
Price: $3000 US
Hosted VST and VSTi
With 16 GB RAM
2 TB HD
Intel 64-bit, Quad Core (8 thread), 3.9Ghz peak, 8MB cache
16 GB (DDR3)
8 channels balanced mic/line inputs
8 channels balanced line outputs
8 channels ADAT digital optical in/out
stereo S/PDIF in/out
10/100/1000 ("Gigabit Ethernet")

Includes Uniwire for DAW plug-in capability
UniWire allows you to connect one or more RECEPTORs to a computer-based digital audio workstation using only Ethernet cables - no audio or MIDI cables are needed. By starting UniWire instrument and effects plugins, your digital audio workstation communicates with RECEPTOR as if it were both a virtual instrument and a virtual effect.

Never understood why they even spent the time making this..

Also been to Akai headquarters .. never had the encounter he had .. altho he could be telling the truth.. really tho only thing we car care about on this for is progress for the Live and X..
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:21 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:

Do anyone else remember the RECEPTOR QU4TTRO that came out in 2013? This is what the Flagship MPC could be. All the Receptor needed was the hardware and sequencing combinations of the MPC. This is an example of what I meant by an Limited Edition MPC XL. :lol: Akai already has it's OS, hardware form factor. They just need to ramp up the internal specs and i/o count. KEYWORD: LIMITED EDITION

Specs: (2013)
Price: $3000 US
Hosted VST and VSTi
With 16 GB RAM
2 TB HD
Intel 64-bit, Quad Core (8 thread), 3.9Ghz peak, 8MB cache
16 GB (DDR3)
8 channels balanced mic/line inputs
8 channels balanced line outputs
8 channels ADAT digital optical in/out
stereo S/PDIF in/out
10/100/1000 ("Gigabit Ethernet")

Includes Uniwire for DAW plug-in capability
UniWire allows you to connect one or more RECEPTORs to a computer-based digital audio workstation using only Ethernet cables - no audio or MIDI cables are needed. By starting UniWire instrument and effects plugins, your digital audio workstation communicates with RECEPTOR as if it were both a virtual instrument and a virtual effect.

Never understood why they even spent the time making this..

Also been to Akai headquarters .. never had the encounter he had .. altho he could be telling the truth.. really tho only thing we car care about on this for is progress for the Live and X..

They started to make and release them, when everyone already invested in their Computer Recording Rigs. Plus they did not have name like AKAI. But, now there is a push-back and this unit inside the MPC form factor would work great.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:06 pm
BornElevation wrote::?: I don’t live too far from the office they have in Cumberland Rhode Island. There is no airport in Cumberland RI, the airport is in Providence, which is not far. You definitely didn’t land in Cumberland RI?? :fku:

This story has more holes in it then, Bonnie and Clyde's car. :lol:
By Certified Beatz Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:27 am
Man this younsta probably never seen one in person.. trying to give him the benfit with alot of doubt.. when i went to Numark it was nothing special and no info given made a few friends that only say stuff coming.. they can get fired spilling info.. so he touch down in Jack Odonnell under pants... sorry but troll got to go