MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By zelnaga Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:01 am
I'm going to try to keep a long story as short as possible. As soon as I landed in Cumberland, I received a text from Jack O Donnell saying that he was almost at the airport to pick me up. I got in the car and we headed off to Luciano's for lunch. I asked him a few questions about the MPC Live and X and he soon realized how I interested I was in these product lines. He spoke briefly about the development and day to day operations of MPC. There was a lot of politics involved with the consolidation between the legacy AKAI team and Alesis/InMusic. After an amazing lunch, we hopped back in his VW and began to head to the AKAI Professional headquarters. It was surprisingly much bigger than I expected it to be. I got to briefly speak to some of the engineers and developers on my tour. When I asked about what they had in store for future updates for the MPC line I was quite surprised. They were quite vague in their explanations but shed light on some of their future plans. They informed me that it was very important to them that once they have a solid foundation down on the MPC Live and X line , they are really looking to really push the envelope creatively and technologically with the MPC's feature set. I saw rough schematics and layouts of what appeared to be crazy futuristic looking midi and audio effects modules, percussive and melodic sound generators, alternate sequencers, Polyphonic Expression diagrams (!!!!!), and more. A lot of what I saw immediately reminded me of what companies like Teenage Engineering, Elektron, Propellorheads, and various iOS Developers have been doing. I saw some beautiful concept art of intricate hardware setups that seemed to center around the X. Before I left, I was graciously gifted a bunch of AKAI swag such as tshirts, posters, codes for free mpc expansions, and a brand new wireless mpk25. As a fan and avid user of the MPC line, I was very happy to get a glimpse of this. I can definatley say that there is some cool stuff heading our way down the road... ;) ;) ;)
By Danoc Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:39 am
That's cool. I knew they were working. That's why l have been patient. Thanks for the heads up.

Is Akai making a $10,000 machine? :lol: :lol:

NOW TELL THE TRUTH THEY SENT YOU TO PACIFY US ? LOL

zelnaga wrote:I'm going to try to keep a long story as short as possible. As soon as I landed in Cumberland, I received a text from Jack O Donnell saying that he was almost at the airport to pick me up. I got in the car and we headed off to Luciano's for lunch. I asked him a few questions about the MPC Live and X and he soon realized how I interested I was in these product lines. He spoke briefly about the development and day to day operations of MPC. There was a lot of politics involved with the consolidation between the legacy AKAI team and Alesis/InMusic. After an amazing lunch, we hopped back in his VW and began to head to the AKAI Professional headquarters. It was surprisingly much bigger than I expected it to be. I got to briefly speak to some of the engineers and developers on my tour. When I asked about what they had in store for future updates for the MPC line I was quite surprised. They were quite vague in their explanations but shed light on some of their future plans. They informed me that it was very important to them that once they have a solid foundation down on the MPC Live and X line , they are really looking to really push the envelope creatively and technologically with the MPC's feature set. I saw rough schematics and layouts of what appeared to be crazy futuristic looking midi and audio effects modules, percussive and melodic sound generators, alternate sequencers, Polyphonic Expression diagrams (!!!!!), and more. A lot of what I saw immediately reminded me of what companies like Teenage Engineering, Elektron, Propellorheads, and various iOS Developers have been doing. I saw some beautiful concept art of intricate hardware setups that seemed to center around the X. Before I left, I was graciously gifted a bunch of AKAI swag such as tshirts, posters, codes for free mpc expansions, and a brand new wireless mpk25. As a fan and avid user of the MPC line, I was very happy to get a glimpse of this. I can definatley say that there is some cool stuff heading our way down the road... ;) ;) ;)
By Cockdiesel Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:51 am
Timbre Wolf 2.0 mfer
And some head rush pedals to pair up with it.
Let’s see some shi5 that looks like an advancement of the mpc 4000 and mfc 42 akai not Timbe Wolf meets fruity loops crap. They have a chance at really doing some thing if they can be as innovative as these smaller ops are. Consult with some proven innovators, heck bring roger Linn back into the mix.... the new Mpcs are step in the right direction but I’ll admit this can go many ways from here.
By CharlesRandolph Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:52 am
Danoc wrote:That's cool. I knew they were working. That's why l have been patient. Thanks for the heads up.

Is Akai making a $10,000 machine? :lol: :lol:

NOW TELL THE TRUTH THEY SENT YOU TO PACIFY US ? LOL

No they are making a 600 dollar machine, that has swappable face-plates, new led lights, built in skype between MPC LIVE or MPC X users, new stickers, wood panels, red and green knobs, 5 inch pads, auto chop without sampling, no headphone jack, black and white screen, wrist rest pads, and a finger print scanner so you can unlock your IPAD from your MPC. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:38 am
WTF! Lmao lol ok Charles old pal of mine lm sending you to the cooko house lol

CharlesRandolph wrote:
No they are making a 600 dollar machine, that has swappable face-plates, new led lights, built in skype between MPC LIVE or MPC X users, new stickers, wood panels, red and green knobs, 5 inch pads, auto chop without sampling, no headphone jack, black and white screen, wrist rest pads, and a finger print scanner so you can unlock your IPAD from your MPC. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Danoc Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:41 am
You know its funny that l've told people Akai was working on these machines and would make sure they are correct then add goodies to them. I knew all this and didn't have to sit down and have lunch with dude lol
By Danoc Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:07 am
:lol:

MPC-Tutor wrote:I'm wondering how you've ended up getting picked up by Jack oDonnell from the airport, or how Akai gave you all that inside info without making you sign an NDA?
By Danoc Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:17 am
Akai would f*** the game up! Code joints and call it "Vst Extensions". You would have to buy a sata HHD and put them in the slot. I would get the reg hhd 2 Terabyte and install it. Have Omnisphere 2, Nexus 2 etc. Sound Toys effects , Fabfilter , Izotope etc. Akai will have so many orders they would collapse lol

cloud777 wrote:Running vst instruments in standalone would b dope game changer
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:28 am
There are plugins that are compiled for linux, so it is possible, I believe it can be done within Juce which is what the MPC Software is created in. The host application (MPC Firmware) needs to support them though and I suspect it's easier said than done and it's ultimately a lot of work for what is a very limited market, i.e. re-coding plugins for one specific niche platform, ie. MPC Firmware. I think they'd need to be 100% certain that people will be willing to pay $$$ for these plugins. And when you have people bitching about paying $99 for MPC 2.0, I can see how Akai might be unwilling to go for it.
By Zack Zerox Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:59 am
cloud777 wrote:Running vst instruments in standalone would b dope game changer

Yeah. Superior Drummer 3 in that standalone box would be fabulous. Plus multi timbral midi and some decent external e-pads...

I wouldn't put money on vsts ever being supported. Love to be wrong though!
By Moho Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:08 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I'm wondering how you've ended up getting picked up by Jack oDonnell from the airport, or how Akai gave you all that inside info without making you sign an NDA?

He must have signed an NDA because facts he disclosed = none