MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Caustic Yoda Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:38 am
Hi there
on MPC Live a muted track will still somehow trigger the notes silently cutting off ones being played live, this is crazy and killing my work flow and live performance, can we get a fix on this somehow or anyone got a work around? gonna have to go back to the 2500 for gig and return this piece of crap unless we can get some updates still so many problems, akai support has been no help on any of my questions
By Cockdiesel Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:31 am
Same shit. I’m getting a lot of stuff together for live shit. I can’t stand how it records the muting of tracks off and on. Not sure what your issue is but on my end it’s user error. It’s annoying but I keep forgetting it does that.

I have other issues that are similar off the top of my head I can’t point to them exactly. Just annoying.

Try setting up the programs differently, and really focusing on if the sequencer is recording. The automation stuff is cool, but easily overlooked and **** shit up when u do.
By Caustic Yoda Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:47 pm
Its not that the seq is recording and im hitting automation, its that a track that is muted is still triggering samples silently cutting off ones im playing in real time, its beyond annoying and feels like the sequencer is broken in several ways, a muted track should not trigger pads or interfere with whats being played live if it is muted. I realize where your having trouble and that is annoying too but i think your just recording automation by accident
By Moho Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:24 pm
Caustic Yoda wrote:Hi there
on MPC Live a muted track will still somehow trigger the notes silently cutting off ones being played live, this is crazy and killing my work flow and live performance, can we get a fix on this somehow or anyone got a work around? gonna have to go back to the 2500 for gig and return this piece of crap unless we can get some updates still so many problems, akai support has been no help on any of my questions

I'd return your piece of crap as no amount of updates will fix it, its not a bug as mine has never had this issue, but maybe I'm the only one and my live is "special" but I'm sure if this was a common issue people would have been screaming about it way before now, I know I would as I mute and play constantly while composing.
By Caustic Yoda Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:41 pm
Ok so if yours works could you try replicate this for me, make any pattern on track1 then mute it, do the lights of the pads still flash, if so this is what im talking about because if those pads are set to mono they will still interupt what is played on a 2nd track even if they are muted.
By Moho Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:12 am
Tried it with instrument and drum programs and when I mute the tracks the pads stop flashing and don't interrupt any recorded tracks or live playing of the same instrument.
By Moho Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:32 pm
Caustic Yoda wrote:Interesting i will look into this more, what about when you mute a track and have that track selected are the pads muted when you play them? must be something going on with my mpc
cheers

No they are only muted if I use pad mute, track mute is fine.
Has your mpc always been this way or was it after an update?
By Caustic Yoda Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:43 pm
im talking about track mute not pad mute, will do more testing, duplicating the program isnt ideal fix, for live performance i mostly finger drum but run sequences in between and the mute restrictions are a major show stopper as im used to 2500 work flow which didnt have any of these restrictions on when tracks are muted
By Moho Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:09 pm
Is there a store near you where you can test another mpc ? just to reassure yourself its not your fault then send yours back for exchange as this is not normal behaviour.
By Caustic Yoda Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:26 pm
Yeah its a bit of travel but i kinda feel your the only one not experiencing this problem cuz everyone else seems to think its part of the way the sequencer works and suggesting work arounds, so when tracks muted your pads dont still flash (track mute not pad)?
By Caustic Yoda Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:38 pm
I should mention the track mute im talking about is on the main screen or the track screen, the mute mutes the track but also the pads when that track is selected and also the pads continue to play silently (visually trigger/light up) is my problem, i can try talk to akai go try another mpc but it feels like it the software not my unit (mpc firmware 2.2) should also mention this is in stand alone mode, cheers