MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lyricalgenius81 Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:17 pm
Hi ,

I’m just trying to export my vocals that I’ve recorded in mpc 2.x (which are recorded mono and show up as mono in mpc 2.x)

However when I export the tracks using “explode tracks” the vocal tracks are coming out as stereo when I drop them in my DAW?

I’ve even tried selecting the output for the vocal tracks to just ‘ out 1’ instead of ‘out 1,2’ and exploding again only for the tracks to still be in stereo?

Is there something I’m missing here?

Thanks in advance.
By Danoc Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:31 am
That's what it is.
If you want a true mono fader to look at get Audacity. You can split the stereo into mono, delete one of the mono tracks and export it out of Audacity. It will be in 16bit.

Bring it in your DAW and you will see a mono level.

Lyricalgenius81 wrote:Hi ,

I’m just trying to export my vocals that I’ve recorded in mpc 2.x (which are recorded mono and show up as mono in mpc 2.x)

However when I export the tracks using “explode tracks” the vocal tracks are coming out as stereo when I drop them in my DAW?

I’ve even tried selecting the output for the vocal tracks to just ‘ out 1’ instead of ‘out 1,2’ and exploding again only for the tracks to still be in stereo?

Is there something I’m missing here?

Thanks in advance.
By Lyricalgenius81 Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:45 pm
thanks for your reply Danoc. by "thats what it is" i take it you mean thats just the way it does it and there is no way around it.

isnt that just crazy though? why is it converting a mono track into stereo? listen im no expert im really just starting out on this journey of music production, but if a track is recorded as mono then it should be exported as mono surely?

ive already switched to Cubase pro 9.5 after working with mpc 2.x for about 6 months and there are still things bugging me about it.

the sooner i get the songs i have done on mpc 2.x transferred to cubase the better maaaan.

i guess stereo it is then.
By Danoc Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:13 am
Yep thats what l mean, that's the way it is. Akai has to fix that.
Complain to Akai about that.
Doesn't Cubase have a width button on the audio tracks? If so use that, place it the centerit will kill the stereo width and process like mono and can move quite diligently in the stereo field.
Or get audacity its FREE and do what l said.

Lyricalgenius81 wrote:thanks for your reply Danoc. by "thats what it is" i take it you mean thats just the way it does it and there is no way around it.

isnt that just crazy though? why is it converting a mono track into stereo? listen im no expert im really just starting out on this journey of music production, but if a track is recorded as mono then it should be exported as mono surely?

ive already switched to Cubase pro 9.5 after working with mpc 2.x for about 6 months and there are still things bugging me about it.

the sooner i get the songs i have done on mpc 2.x transferred to cubase the better maaaan.

i guess stereo it is then.