MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kountryboi84 Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:11 am
Whats up family.... Quik Question! I just got into the Mpc Software with the MPC LIVE and ITS AMAZING!!! But... I have one problem that for the life of me I cant pin down. I am trying to trigger my external synth but Im not getting any sound. Now... in Standalone mode I have NO ISSUES but for some reason in the software Im getting nothing at ALL. I have everything routed correctly which makes me think I have something routed incorrectly in the Program. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
By Danoc Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:26 pm
Did you go to preferences and set up external synth? If not it's not going to pick it up.

kountryboi84 wrote:Whats up family.... Quik Question! I just got into the Mpc Software with the MPC LIVE and ITS AMAZING!!! But... I have one problem that for the life of me I cant pin down. I am trying to trigger my external synth but Im not getting any sound. Now... in Standalone mode I have NO ISSUES but for some reason in the software Im getting nothing at ALL. I have everything routed correctly which makes me think I have something routed incorrectly in the Program. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
By kountryboi84 Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:14 pm
Danoc wrote:Did you go to preferences and set up external synth? If not it's not going to pick it up.

kountryboi84 wrote:Whats up family.... Quik Question! I just got into the Mpc Software with the MPC LIVE and ITS AMAZING!!! But... I have one problem that for the life of me I cant pin down. I am trying to trigger my external synth but Im not getting any sound. Now... in Standalone mode I have NO ISSUES but for some reason in the software Im getting nothing at ALL. I have everything routed correctly which makes me think I have something routed incorrectly in the Program. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
By kountryboi84 Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:43 am
Yes I did it took a little trial and error but the problem was a simple fix. On my computer Im running a Focusrite Saffire Pro and needed to switch the Asio from the Focusrite to the Mpc Asio in order to get the midi to flow correctly. This worked out great bc essentially I can switch between my 2 soundcards with a click of the mouse in certain applications like sampling from youtube seamlessly. Thanks Danoc for the help man. I really appreciate it!!