MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Fanu Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:40 pm
Moho wrote:
Frisbi wrote:Man, you have two parametric eq on Mpc Live.

One like this would be nice though

totally. makes you think, why not. same with automation lanes on standalone.
i feel they didnt play the touch screen game to its fullest capabilities at all.
By zangetsu01 Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:51 pm
Fanu wrote:
totally. makes you think, why not. same with automation lanes on standalone.
i feel they didnt play the touch screen game to its fullest capabilities at all.

I agree. Also it's been a long time since they've added some (new) useful features, so 2.3 is very welcome at the moment.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:14 pm
Fanu wrote:i feel they didnt play the touch screen game to its fullest capabilities at all.

I suspect the issue is that the touch UI was designed by the in-house developers, much of it on-the-fly and really just a lazy port of the existing software. They needed to bring in touch screen UI experts, I doubt they did, but that's just a guess based on how average the UI is.

There's a few headline touch features like xyfx and sample edit (really obvious stuff to incorporate), but the rest is just by-the-numbers, 'does the job' kind of stuff. I still find the whole interface far too fiddly, it's often a ball ache to use and far too much menu diving. Half the time in grid edit I have difficulty selecting the note I want, or I really have to be super-precise to hit some icons. Yes it's ultimately a cool tool with lots of features, but I do feel they missed the mark on much of this, it could have been so much better.

I do feel that the market is still ripe for a third party to develop a rival product with a far superior UI - serious competition is what we need, but no one is taking the bait. I guess it's such a niche market these days that most companies are not interested.
By Fanu Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:29 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I do feel that the market is still ripe for a third party to develop a rival product with a far superior UI - serious competition is what we need, but no one is taking the bait. I guess it's such a niche market these days that most companies are not interested.

I agree.

Live and X are nice, don't get me wrong (I think they're still the best devices for sample-based music, and the workflow is great…as long as Push 2 and Sampler stay as they are, MPC does kick their ass IMHO) but they're not prime products; I don't think they're at 2018 level. Then again, no standalone product is, I guess.
The touch screen functionality on standalone is underdeveloped, what with no automation lanes and basic plugin GUIs…and let's just say you had better not hold your breath for these. Or PDC.

You can make amazing music with these things as long as you're cool with their shortcomings, but they're not the be-all-end-all prime stuff they could've been.

Me, I'd shell out 2-3K for a unit that addresses modern needs in a way that feels modern.
By Mono-Amine Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:49 pm
My MPC live doesnt connect to the software or plugin anymore with the update., it does connect the external drive i put into it but it keeps searching for the computer. Is it allready known how to fix this?
By Danoc Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:34 pm
Did you just gey the MPC live and installed the software?

Mono-Amine wrote:My MPC live doesnt connect to the software or plugin anymore with the update., it does connect the external drive i put into it but it keeps searching for the computer. Is it allready known how to fix this?
By Mono-Amine Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:13 pm
Danoc wrote:Did you just gey the MPC live and installed the software?

Mono-Amine wrote:My MPC live doesnt connect to the software or plugin anymore with the update., it does connect the external drive i put into it but it keeps searching for the computer. Is it allready known how to fix this?

No, i have had the live since day 1, it used to connect until 2.2. For me it is unbelievable Akai keeps getting away with releasing shit updates and not getting the basic (and promised) core functionality in like stability.
I hope someone has a usable solution for this
By Danoc Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:05 am
Ok gotcha. The only solution is to roll back bro.

Im still at 2.2.1 and no problems.

Mono-Amine wrote:No, i have had the live since day 1, it used to connect until 2.2. For me it is unbelievable Akai keeps getting away with releasing **** updates and not getting the basic (and promised) core functionality in like stability.
I hope someone has a usable solution for this
By DeaDeus Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:53 am
look at this...http://community.akaipro.com/akai_profe ... -5-minutes

...the last sentence makes me worried: "So i have sent my mpc x in for repairs as requested by akai reps"

What is the software doing to the hardware - or do I misinterpret something...

EDIT:
More about the slow booting issues: http://community.akaipro.com/akai_profe ... nd-2-2-2-1
By vwkountz Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:05 am
1ST time waiting to install an update due to the issues. Thank you to everyone for the great feedback and heads up in this tread and video examples on YouTube. My update is installed and working great. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
By Danoc Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:22 am
Yes sir.

Klass62 wrote:If My MPCX is still on 2.1.0 firmware is it cool to skip 2.2 and just install 2.2.1?