MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Certified Beatz Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:47 am
Due 2.2.2.2 firmware have somany issues on both live and X. They changed it fixed it[/quote]

You running the new one?[/quote]

Yea i only made one beat no sampling this time so i dont know if the timing was fixed..
By SupremeSoulstice Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:55 am
Certified Beatz wrote:To be honest i run primarily in controller mode .. tonight i was working on a old beat no problems so far.. but i have not edit samples yet

So you’re running the latest firmware then? Just trying to make sure if it’s cool to run it. I’m mainly standalone mode and of the mindframe of if it ain’t broke.. you know
By MaScHiNeHeAd Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:00 am
Certified Beatz wrote:
cloud777 wrote:Akai website says new firmware 2.2 2.2 but available 2.2.2.1

Due 2.2.2.2 firmware have somany issues on both live and X. They changed it fixed it

CB, do you have a link for the new firmware (2.2.2.2) ? In my account, it's still showing 2.2.2.1.....or are you saying it's coming soon & hasn't dropped yet??
By Moho Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:04 pm
Just to clarify there is no 2.2.2.2 update

There was just the 2.2.2 which was buggy and replaced with 2.2.2.1, the extra .1 denotes the fix, unfortunately the Live's display only shows 3 digits so will show only 2.2.2 even if your on 2.2.2.1

Past updates were
2.2.0 buggy so quickly replaced with
2.2.2 buggy so removed from the download page and replaced with
2.2.2.1 current version

AFAIK the next update will be 2.3 and is rumoured to be big enough for a press release :shock:
By Ill-Green Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:17 pm
Moho wrote:AFAIK the next update will be 2.3 and is rumoured to be big enough for a press release :shock:

Wonder what hugeness is to come out of the Akai slums for a press release.

Only thing I can think of is revamping Song mode into a multitrack DAW.
By Moho Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:56 pm
Ill-Green wrote:
Moho wrote:AFAIK the next update will be 2.3 and is rumoured to be big enough for a press release :shock:

I have a feeling its going to be a feature that only works with a new controller, so start saving :nod:
By MaScHiNeHeAd Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:07 pm
Moho wrote:Just to clarify there is no 2.2.2.2 update

There was just the 2.2.2 which was buggy and replaced with 2.2.2.1, the extra .1 denotes the fix, unfortunately the Live's display only shows 3 digits so will show only 2.2.2 even if your on 2.2.2.1

Past updates were
2.2.2.1 current version

AFAIK the next update will be 2.3 and is rumoured to be big enough for a press release :shock:

Thanks for that, Moho...Was unsure with what CB said, but that makes it crystal...I'll sit tight for 2.3.. :P :P
By Certified Beatz Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:12 pm
MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:
Moho wrote:Just to clarify there is no 2.2.2.2 update

Past updates were
2.2.2.1 current version

Thanks for that, Moho...Was unsure with what CB said, but that makes it crystal...I'll sit tight for 2.3.. :P :P

Sorry :)
By Certified Beatz Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:17 pm
Ill-Green wrote:

I have a feeling its going to be a feature that only works with a new controller, so start saving :nod:[/quote]

No way with Akai's track record they will keep updaring for ar 3 years or so on hardware.. controllers maybe so but if you have the Live or X 2.3 should vlow everything out the water since u can use both standalone and control mode.

I believe they are going to make the software into a full daw with clean intergration into Protools and cubase also other DAW's for endless capabilities..
By MaScHiNeHeAd Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:33 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:
MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:Sorry :)

CB: no probs,dude..... :-D :-D

Do you still use Maschine controllers and sotware?[/quote]

Yup, I do. Was on it just yesterday. Prefer the menu system on Maschine.
Find myself using the Live more due to its independence from the laptop though, think I prefer the "all in one box" approach. :P :P