MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By logjamparty Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:06 am
Obviously I can send it in, hoping to avoid that though.

I bought the MPC right when they came out last year. I actually got one through my Guitar Center rep before they hit the streets. It was a buggy mess and Akai sent me a new one. The next was a bit better, still buggy though. I figured I’d set it aside, let Akai get their shit together, then update it when things got sorted out. That was a little over a year ago. I put in the box and then kinda forgot about it.

Today I was going through my gear storage and saw it, figured I’d boot it up and get online and see if there were any software or firmware updates.

I plugged it in to the power supply button and hit power. It booted up to the main screen, but the screen was unresponsive to touch. After about 10 seconds I got the “shutting down” message. And it shut itself off. I let it charge for a few hours, tried again. Same thing. Tried it about 20 times, unplugged, plugged in, everything.

Not sure if it’s still under warranty or not, just wondering if this happened to anyone else and if there is some kind of hard reset.

Thanks!