MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Fre$hBreath Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:49 am
Hey guys, I want to take advantage of the unused SD Slot and USB ports on my MPC X, but I don't know which type of SD Card or Flash Drives I should purchase?
By Danoc Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:01 pm
Fre$hBreath wrote:Hey guys, I want to take advantage of the unused SD Slot and USB ports on my MPC X, but I don't know which type of SD Card or Flash Drives I should purchase?

I use the Sandisk SD card and it works perfectly.
By Fre$hBreath Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:41 pm
Danoc wrote:
Fre$hBreath wrote:Hey guys, I want to take advantage of the unused SD Slot and USB ports on my MPC X, but I don't know which type of SD Card or Flash Drives I should purchase?

I use the Sandisk SD card and it works perfectly.

What type of SD Card? SDHC? SDXC? Class 10?
By shaobadman Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:34 pm
I've never actually used a machine that takes both cards and HDD/SSDs. Do they give you both options in case you're on a tighter budget and can only afford SD cards? Or is there a significant difference in these types of storage? If I bought a second-hand unit with a fitted HDD, would there be any use in me getting an SD card?
By Ill-Green Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:04 pm
Its all optional. If you only want to use SDs then its fine. I am strictly on an SD 16GB card myself. Used up only a couple hundred megs so far.

If you want to go all out, then that option is there too with SSD.

At the end of the day, when you save, it'll ask you where to save, either internally, SD or SSD. As long you got your work intact, it doesn't matter what you use.