MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ran Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:40 am
Hi Everyone,

I've been holding off on buying an MPC Live for a while now, based on so many reports of crashes and low grade hardware.
I'm curious to hear from MPC Live users, are there any improvements with the current firmware? is it safe to go ahead and order a unit?

Thanks! :)
By Certified Beatz Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:17 pm
I own the MPC X besides that last firmware update 2.2.1 i had problems..it was fixed with 2.2.2.1 I like the new gear...
By dflat57 Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:02 am
I have both the Live and the X. Never had one problem. I was using the Live unit today with my band. You should have seen their smiles. They all had ideas how we can incorporate it into what we do. True game changers
By dumbeat Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:44 pm
I have the MPC Live(and the 3000 and the 2500).

Zero issues and insane work flow...

In standalone mode its reacting like a good legacy MPC. In Controller mode i sense some latency. Not as tight, but than you get other benefits, so you can move back and forth between the modes, according to needs.

My 3000 still sounds better and feels tighter, almost as if it reads your mind and sounds like your balls..., but were at the age of "lots of features and lesser components"...

I love both machines to death. Each for what its good for

i HIGHLY recommend the LIVE, and probably even more the X (Even though i do not have it).
By distortedtekno Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:37 pm
Some of you might have no problems now. But after the warranty expires is when the shit will really hit the fan.
By Coz Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:14 pm
distortedtekno wrote:Some of you might have no problems now. But after the warranty expires is when the shit will really hit the fan.

Cheers for that! :lol:

You’ve got a point though. The first one I had was really flaky at sporadic times. I just thought it was buggy but thankfully I sent it back and got a replacement. The new one is fine as far as I can tell.
By SupremeSoulstice Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:17 am
distortedtekno wrote:Some of you might have no problems now. But after the warranty expires is when the **** will really hit the fan.

Don’t you put that on me Ricky Bobby! Don’t you put that on me!
By Fanu Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:10 pm
Mine does this occasional crashfest; pad 9 starts to crash the device.
Totally random. Sometimes you hit pad 9 and it crashes…that "mode" may last up to 2 minutes…then it's back to normal.
Hollering at the local retailer now.
By dryad-66 Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:25 pm
I always said that these things were a bit too complex and sophisticated for there own good.Hate to be right on this one tho.Not sure what the spare parts or fixable situation will be like either.Its a bit of a mystery atm.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:38 pm
Besides the OS, these are the things to watch out for.

MPC LIVE: Battery, Screen, Pad Sensors, Transport Buttons, Rear USB A ports, and the Qlink knobs. I would say the LIVE may have more issues, because it's made to be portable. The life of mobile gear is pretty short, because of all the bumps and environmental changes.

MPC x: SCREEN, Pad Sensors, Transport Buttons, Rear USB A ports, and the Qlink knobs.
By Ill-Green Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:21 pm
Fanu wrote:We'll see how things that will do in five years…a bit too many reports about subpar stuff I've seen.

When the Live 2 drops, everyone will say how great and better the X/Live were. Just like when the Numark MPCs, everyone were talking about the 3000 and 2000XL being the better machine. Now with these new MPCs, everyone saying the 1000/2500 were better. Yet during their heydays, they were aggressively shitted on.