MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:11 pm
lol :lol: Hell yeah rather have the plugin. It cost $49 and l probably can get it cheaper.

The H9000 though goes basically pingpong not 360 in a 7.1 system but the Brauer Motion does.

Cockdiesel wrote:You have two panners and it makes use of the front and back of the stereo field. I’m no expert with this stuff especially quad but I imagine it’s just trying to emulate the quad sound, and might do it pretty nicely in a stereo environment.

Like yo though I would rather have the plugin because I don’t really know I’m doing lol.
By Danoc Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:17 pm
Haven't heard of the Ambeo. I'll chexk it out. Thanks bro. :smoker:

CharlesRandolph wrote:Have you tried the AMBEO Orbit it's a free plugin from sennheiser. On the page is a tutorial video. I can definitely see the application of this plug in for Dolby Atmos or Headphones.

Link: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/ambeo-blueprints-downloads
By saltmcgault Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:43 pm
Fanu wrote:
saltmcgault wrote:i have a track “better days” that looks like that on soundcloud but it actually sounds pretty good on some monitors. but yea can’t wait for this mixer to arrive so a can zero my **** in..

Hearing a lot of unpleasant distortion on that, my man!

If you guys ever need help with engineering, just holler.
Can give MPC forum members a bit of a discount on any first job/batch.

yea just whipped it up and recorded in to ableton live lite9 i think the only thing i tracked out separately was the bassline. i listen to my shit on my monitors pretty loud. i try to get it to sound some what decent then just posts away on soundcloud. When this mixer finally arrives (its probably on a cargo ship from china right now) im going to try to get my gain reset and go from there. yea if i ever come out with an instrumental which i do one of these days i'll hit you up. i don't think any of my stuff is worth putting on a CD. soundcloud is good enough for now. lol
By CharlesRandolph Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:13 pm
saltmcgault wrote:yea just whipped it up and recorded in to ableton live lite9 i think the only thing i tracked out separately was the bassline. i listen to my **** on my monitors pretty loud. i try to get it to sound some what decent then just posts away on soundcloud. When this mixer finally arrives (its probably on a cargo ship from china right now) im going to try to get my gain reset and go from there. yea if i ever come out with an instrumental which i do one of these days i'll hit you up. i don't think any of my stuff is worth putting on a CD. soundcloud is good enough for now. lol

Before you start mixing, listen to other music (Reference Track) that you really think was mixed well on your monitor, at a comfortable levels. This will give your ears/brain and idea on what your music should sound like coming out your speakers.

It will also help teach you what your room sounds like. Once you start mixing, KEEP IT SIMPLE. Don't add any compression, eq or effects until you get a nice balance mix at comfortable level. After that take a 15 min ear break, then come back to the mix and listen at a lower volume level. (This will help you hear what is sticking out to much, or what is not there, also no EAR FATIGUE.)

Once you fix things at the lower volume, take a ear break again. Then return a listen to your mix all the way though, at a normal comfortable level. Don't adjust anything, just listen and take notes. After it finishes, adjust the mix based off your notes.

Once you have a good sounding mix that you like. Next showily begin to add eq and effects to things that need it. Do the same process as you did on the dry mix. Hopes this can help your process. :-D
By CharlesRandolph Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:04 pm
Danoc wrote:Haven't heard of the Ambeo. I'll chexk it out. Thanks bro. :smoker:

Been playing around with the Ambeo and it works great. However, you do have to write some automation points, which do not take much time. You can achieve a 360 pan and the Front and Back effect at the same time.
By Danoc Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:36 pm
That's cool, glad I made this thread. Finding out info about stuff I didn't know existed. It seems dope, looks nice too. There's the difference, you have to write automation, in the Brauer Motion you don't you just turn the knobs, but the Ambeo is FREE! It handles "Front, Back, Up, Bottom, Left and right, and anywhere in between, sweet!!!

There are three joints there:
AMBEO A-B Converter, AMBEO Pattern, and AMBEO Orbit. I am really feeling that Ambeo Orbit, saw the vid and Ima down load all three. Hope they work.

:smoker:

CharlesRandolph wrote:

Been playing around with the Ambeo and it works great. However, you do have to write some automation points, which do not take much time. You can achieve a 360 pan and the Front and Back effect at the same time.
By Danoc Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:42 pm
Charles You are the man!!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I just loaded up the Ambeo Orbit and that joint works like crazy! Free! no ilok, no serial number, just free and that baby works for real! I am loving this. Still getting the R-Motion but this baby is hot! I opened up a session, it's a nice addition.

CharlesRandolph wrote:

By CharlesRandolph Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:59 am
Danoc wrote:Charles You are the man!!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I just loaded up the Ambeo Orbit and that joint works like crazy! Free! no ilok, no serial number, just free and that baby works for real! I am loving this. Still getting the R-Motion but this baby is hot! I opened up a session, it's a nice addition.

It's a cool program. Have you done Automation yet? You can have it doing all kinds of things.
By Danoc Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:47 am
Nah not yet. But believe me lma put that crap to the test. Yep l am.

CharlesRandolph wrote:It's a cool program. Have you done Automation yet? You can have it doing all kinds of things.
By Danoc Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:25 am
BEST BUY THIS YEAR! Waves products.

CLA Vocals sound amazing on vocals.

This year is the waves purchase year. This plugin is so dope all l have to do is use this to bring vocals to a new level.

By Danoc Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:22 am
@CharlesRandolph

Man that Ambeo joint is so freakin sweet dude. In numbers its very intricate whereas you can dial anywhere in the panning position i.e. 13° or 51° and its right up there with an SSL panning system. It will sit instruments in the pocket you want without them clashing into one another. This is going to be my go to for real.

Plus it will not hurt that l use Sennheiser 600 HD headphones. :nod: :mrgreen:
By Yorgos Arabatzis Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:49 pm
For binaural stuff you should definitely check this out: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... r_pro.html
You can also play with distance up to 30m..I've played with the demo and sounded very smooth but you need to combine it with a Stereo Reverb to hear it into space properly without bleeding to the center. I've made a custom stereo reverb by combining 2 of Ableton's native reverbs and i can do some crazy stuff by automating things!
By dryad-66 Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:03 pm
Cool.What does this mean tho-
When purchased as a single plugin, SSL G-Channel is available only for Waves v9.91 and later. See the Tech Specs tab below to ensure your system’s compatibility.

??

Oh ok,thats me sectioned out of the plug in bargain fast lane

Operating System
10.11.6 - 10.13.5

Im on 10.9 still and thats on my most updated computer lol.