MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm
I had a thought what if the X Touch One could control the Akai SW? Or better yet use it to mix on the Live/X? Yo that would be insane. Mixing hands on with a machine that has great precision. I think it could do some functions in the SW but not the standalone. Guess you have to stick to the QLinks lol that was a good dream.
By CharlesRandolph Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:32 pm
Danoc wrote:I had a thought what if the X Touch One could control the Akai SW? Or better yet use it to mix on the Live/X? Yo that would be insane. Mixing hands on with a machine that has great precision. I think it could do some functions in the SW but not the standalone. Guess you have to stick to the QLinks lol that was a good dream.

With midi control mode the live should be able to midi learn, the x touch one controls. Mixer and Transport in standalone.
By Danoc Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:27 am
Hmmm that's a thought. I have to try it out. If that works... Ohhh boy!

I wouldn't use it with the Luve being that l don't do entire tracks tracks in it but those that want a 100 meter fader and functions without using the QLinks would be great for them.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
With midi control mode the live should be able to midi learn, the x touch one controls. Mixer and Transport in standalone.

XT1

By Danoc Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:54 pm
X Touch One fits snug on my tray. The ruber gripping feet prevent it from sliding. Behringer has a nice piece on their hands.

Got my 27 inch ultra thin monitor screen coming so l'm happy about that. :)

By Cases Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:27 pm
I use the filters and it's resonance on my 4K, and then layers until im satisfied. Nothing else you need, just a MPC4K and a creative mind. You can make an entire drumkit (and from that another 1000x) just from this 1 kickdrum. Then in the mixing process, saturation is really helpful. I don't use compression on my kits, it **** up the dynamics and spills headroom.
By Cases Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:34 pm
Anyone know of A midi control for cc operation? I need at least 30 knobs and push buttons on it.

I see the midimux by Aksi, has 24 knobs and buttons. Might get this unless there's something better.
Thanks

Buy this, and if you run out of knobs or faders, buy another one. It's so cheap but so useful. You can even make a sequencer from it! And a pretty good one to!

BCR2000 for rotating pots
BCF2000 for auto faders

Image This one is loaded with SAQ firmware, but you know how google works right.
By Danoc Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:26 am
Thanks. This is more to my liking it has only rotary knobs. I didn't need the sliders.
This is dope. Looking into this
Cases wrote:Buy this, and if you run out of knobs or faders, buy another one. It's so cheap but so useful. You can even make a sequencer from it! And a pretty good one to!

BCR2000 for rotating pots

By Cockdiesel Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:09 am
I forgot about this piece I found some time back. Shit seems bad azzzzz from the specs and manual.

https://www.niioanalog.com/iotine-core

Never seen or heard one in person but this company seems to make some heavy duty stuff.

They also make a stereo field panner for reverb units. Some cool technology.
Last edited by Cockdiesel on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Cockdiesel Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:38 am
It honestly looks like an update on a mutronics mutator but with multi mode filters, and a few extra features. I can tell you first hand the mutator might be the creamiest filter I’ve ever heard.

It might have more features much like an analog heat but the low pass filter in the heat couldn’t hold a candle to the prophet 6 filter on the toriaz much less the mutator.

If I could Have that unit with midi control so I can set differnt envelopes per step I’d be all over it. Can’t seem to find a way to do what I want with going modular, tried some modular but hated it

I’m looking for a way to process drums with multi mode filters and a way to trigger differnt envelopes per step on at least 4 differnt channels.

Right now it’s looking like Mpc into midi to cv converter into envelope generator(s) into the filter array (best if kept to as few filters as possible)/ VCA modules.

I can achieve similar to this with analog heat and live or just plocking a toriaz/ electron sequencer but that leaves me so limited for filters. I can play with the set up but analog heat just doesn’t cut it after using a mutator for low pass. Ideally I can get the best filters for the job.

Yea, a daw and digital filters would be easy but come on now...

If I have confused you: hit note repeat on your Mpc and play the sequence. Go into the sample editor and play with the envelopes and see how it changes everything. On a Mpc live you can record your automations but those filters arnt meant for that type of thing.
By Danoc Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:04 am
I think everyone has their own ear filter wise.
Filter Freaks by sound toys is really dope. And the dopest filter on software is on the Nexus 2. They blessed that filter.

Filterfreak
By Danoc Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:35 pm
I'm working on a project this morn. Peace to everyone.

I must give Behringer their due props on the XT1 :worthy:

If anyone us intetested in this check it out. I should have my video out tomorrow.
I've had it a few days now and I'M NOT SENDING IT BACK!!!

I haven't read the manual because l'm so use to controllers that l can basically figure it out.
At fist l had a lil difficulty getting it to respond to Reason, it's not like Alphatrack where it automatically comes on and calibrate all my movements in Reason. But this was MY fault.
I fitrst have to always hit the STOP button and ptess down the ENCODER knob at the same time and l will come tothe MACKIE STANDARD which is best for Reason 10 and being Rrason doesn't have HUI l use Mackie instead.
Once l do that while Reason is OPEN l push down on the encoder knob twice and bam, it vwent into Reason flawlessly.
So if anyone get it and it doesnt go through just remember these steps, its not broken.

As you can see in the pic the levels are working next to the fader which is sweet. L don't have to switch to my mixer to dee levels while in the time line window.

I setup the click and solo as my pre-count and metronome.

Solo and mute works as well as jumping from 8 channel banks and individual channels.

I am loving that scrub wheel also.
Working faster witnh it and loving the flow of it.