MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:07 pm
What's up everyone, for 2018-2019 what will you buy to enhance your sound?

I Just purchased three Waves joints today,
1. Waves Renaissance Vox, this baby is great on Drum OMG :shock: :worthy: My drums are about to get crazy, and it's great on cutting back ground noise on vocals. I had this back in the day, but Protools just messed everything up, so I gave Waves another try, and it was cheap! It will give your Kicks and snares that punch and snap, it's crazy! Loving this thing.
2. Torque by Waves, this will tune your drums but I used it on some sounds and it gives me that creamy lush sound I was always looking for. So when I do chords with certain sounds it's about to turn my sound into another different sound.
3. CLA Effects from Waves, this baby is the perfect answer to vocals, or anything. I get that classic Telephone effect that REALLY works! I will be using it on some RnB female Vocals tonight when I mix.
4. Gotta get that floating keyboard joint for the MPC Live so I can go on the fly or travel.
5. Coped Spaces 2 from EastWest, Yo this joint is sick Eastwest :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Upgrade was $149 bucks, and 1,020 Effects from Halls, to Cathedrals, Bathrooms, Catacombs etc. I will do a video on this, this is on some serious pro level stuff!

I'm Looking at the Waves SSL 4000 E software console, Dope! I only have to pay $108 dollas! :shock: Back in the day it was like $499! And it's just like the real Joint or dam near close.

These are things to enhance my sound we all need that pro level. What's yours?
By Danoc Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:21 am
Hold the hell up! You bought it for $29, where did you buy it?

Ok this is getting interesting. I was told don't go for the 4000 E, its old. True in the real world l don't like the SSL 4000 E or G, l like the SSL 9000 J, or SSL XL 9000 K. More modern circuitry for RnB, Pop, Dance Hall and Hip Hop. That's why l love the mixer in Reason. Reason's emulation kills it cause it has 8 return/Send effects. That's killer. When l do stuff in the MPC live l want it to sound magnificent and give the listener a great listening experience. Though old l might get the 4000 E.

I was told demo the CS3301 which is $61.59 so lma check that out. Heard the "Q" is more narrower than the SSL E to get more surgical. Plus it has Saturation. Creamy EQing sound which l want.

Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Grabbed it for $29 stoked!!!
Thanks man!
Eyalc wrote:That SSL E channel is only $29 today.
By Fanu Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:49 pm
Pretty much nothing! Got it all. All of UAD, too. To have a large toolbox for my clients' needs (any of you guys need mixing or mastering, you know who to contact).

The last two groundbreaking things were Soothe and Spiff by Oeksound (which is from Finland like yours truly, which makes me proud!)
By Danoc Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:14 pm
MPCWeapon1 wrote:I just Demo’d The Toque. That is a dope plugin.

Yeah I am in the lab making drums with that Torque and Ren-Vox right now. It's bananas!

I decided to get the CLA-Vocal by Waves, that joint is off the chain and easy to use! it's only $32 at Plugin Discount. Man the specs say I need i3, i5 or i7, man I am running these babies on Win 7 Duo 64 bit Dell PC. Now my laptop is an i7 and runs nice on that laptop. And it's not draining my CPU. Dammmm! But somewhere down the line real soon, Ima get that dam SSL E-Channel for Studio One. Reason already has a SSL 9000-J emulation which is really nice that's where I do all my mixes. But Studio One got some very nice headroom and I wanna start mixing there also.

Then I am going to get this:
Fader Port, I been asking around and the reviews are very nice on it. Ima win all day!

Plus I am getting

CME Xkey Portable Slim USB MIDI 25-Key Keyboard Mobile Studio Controller Gold

$79 bucks for the MPC Live, when I just wanna rock and travel with those two.

Last edited by Danoc on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Danoc Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:17 pm
Yo I wasn't able to get it for $$29, but I have the coupon and it lowered it to $100 bucks, Ima wait to see if I can get it for $29. It was 2017 and this year, bout the same time. Dam I wish dude Eylac would of told me sooner. Crap!

kaydigi wrote:
Danoc wrote:Nrver mind l found where

Dope keep us in suspense where!!!
By Danoc Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:38 pm
It was somewhere it was an one day only sale, for 2018 the others were 2017. I gotta find that code cause it still works on checkout I tried it but it's $108 and down to $100 lol 8 bucks, wow smh.

kaydigi wrote:
Danoc wrote:Nrver mind l found where

Dope keep us in suspense where!!!