MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By saltmcgault Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:51 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:I’m torn between getting the vst vs the hardware unit.
From what I’ve read there’s a huge difference because of the converters but on the other hand they are getting old and will need way more upkeep. I think the vst is a few hundred and the hardware starts at 1000...
I already have a h9 so in no rush. The ensoniq dp-4 look real cool too. You can process 4 channels at once or however you want to configure it.

Keep an eye out for an ASR10 rack if you see a good price for one in good condition. :nod:
By saltmcgault Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:59 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:I did a quick search on reverb there’s a few in the 6-700 range.

nice. i’ll check those out.. just unsure about if some may come with different upgrades like memory and what not. i’m gonna check them out :nod:
By Danoc Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:16 am
Anyone know of A midi control for cc operation? I need at least 30 knobs and push buttons on it.

I see the midimux by Aksi, has 24 knobs and buttons. Might get this unless there's something better.
Thanks
By CharlesRandolph Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:02 am
Danoc wrote:Anyone know of A midi control for cc operation? I need at least 30 knobs and push buttons on it.

I see the midimux by Aksi, has 24 knobs and buttons. Might get this unless there's something better.
Thanks

Check to see if any of these may work.

Novations Launch Control XL

Livid DS1

Akai APC 40 MKII
By Danoc Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:06 pm
Thanks Charles. That Livid DS1 looks promising it has the exact 40 knobs I was looking for. I can definitely set up my Reason template and Midi CC to that and I will be up and running, I like how the rows are set up too. I like that. Time to research.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
Check to see if any of these may work.

Livid DS1
By Danoc Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:14 pm
What's up CD how are you bro? The APC40 doesn't have the immediate knobs I am looking for, thanks. I can take 24 or 40 knobs to use on my SSL board in Reason. My LPD8 has only 8 knobs. LOL that's really not enough, but they work, so that lets me know that I can get more knobs for the SSL to mix. Now that I have my trusty X Touch One single fader. I will have the perfect ITB setup. I'm on that Knob ish LOL :lol: :lol:

Cockdiesel wrote:Danoc I have an apc if there’s anything you want to try out specificallY. I haven’t downloaded the maps but I should be up and running in a few day. Let me know
By Danoc Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:30 pm
If you want a big Punchy sound, I kid you not, get the WAVES Renn Vox and that SSL 4000 Channel E. My sound is bigger when I set up my Kick and Snare/Clap through those two. Being I gain stage from the point of my kick everything else is going to follow the kick and snare basically. You put that kick and snare in the MPC Live/X it's going to sound real good. And they are cheap to get. Waves :worthy:
By CharlesRandolph Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:40 pm
Danoc wrote:If you want a big Punchy sound, I kid you not, get the WAVES Renn Vox and that SSL 4000 Channel E. My sound is bigger when I set up my Kick and Snare/Clap through those two. Being I gain stage from the point of my kick everything else is going to follow the kick and snare basically. You put that kick and snare in the MPC Live/X it's going to sound real good. And they are cheap to get. Waves :worthy:

Ever thought of getting a Slate Media Technology RAVEN MTi2
By dryad-66 Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:54 am
Any rcomendations for a 16 pads controller for the MPC software?Im using The Akai MPD 226 atm but compared to my MPC 5000 electrical tape modded pads its not very sensitive.I can literally feather touch the 5k pads and they respond after putting tape under them.Great great mod.Also i find the MPD a bit clunky.Not after a touch or studio either so something portable that will work well with the SW as i will be using on the regular.Does not have to have loads of knobs ect.Thats covered by novation launch control XL.Anything come to mind?Something new out there?Thanx
Last edited by dryad-66 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.