MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Danoc Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:26 pm
HOLD YOUR HORSES JOHN!

Look What l found. Its a blessing cause l couldn't find anything relative to the Alphatrack single fader. Mines is old and Frontier never made a never model. :-(

No one knew about the X Touch One, one guy who has the Faderport V2 told me to get the Nektar, l was like eeewww hell mah. I found the Faderport v2 doesn't work most functions in Readon and l just don't mix in S1v3 like that.

So l went into Youtube and put in Faderport and the Behringer X Touch pops up and this is 9 tracks. I was like dam thats hot. But l don't need nor want 9 tracks. So l kept digging and found x touch one. One stands for singular fader.

I saw it and was blown away by the aesthetics of it. But l went deeper and found this is actually a perfect answer to my Alphatrack.

Faderport v2 is great for S1v3 no doubt and a few others but not Reason 10.1
It doesn't have a scribble strip with read out with tracke etc. I can't see parameters like l saw on the Alphatrack. Pan button has no read out you gotta look at the screen. Touch One has all this and more.
Tge XT1 even has a scrub knob which is huge :-) that l love cause l like to scrub back and forth in a session.

Here's hhe bottom line, XT1 is bigger looks good, nice build also. Then it comes with overlay templates that you can place on the XT1. That's hot. It doesn't have a template for Reason but it still works with Reason. Guess what it has a template for Studio One and works with precisely. So if l ever wanted to mix in S1 l could.

Drum roll for the price drrrrrrruummmmmmmm boom!

XT1 $149. Faderport v2 is $199

I just bought the XT1 brand new off ebay for $135 l made an offer he bit and it will be here Thursday! Now that was a blessing!

X TOUCH ONE

Faderport v2
By CharlesRandolph Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:58 am
Check out the KT-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier with Vacuum Tubes, Optical Attenuator and MIDAS Transformers. It's going for 500 dollar each, making it 1000 for stereo.

Classic tube compressor/leveling amplifier modeled after the iconic Teletronix LA-2A*
Completely discrete signal path
Premium selection 12AX7, 12BH7 and EL84 tubes
Lag-free optical attenuator based on original electroluminescent technology
Custom-built MIDAS input and output transformers
Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 20 kHz, +/ - 1 dB
Gain Limiting: 0 to 30 dB
Ultra-fast attack time: 10 milliseconds

Release time: 50 milliseconds to 5 seconds
Adjustable stereo-link connection
Variable pre-emphasis for digital audio recording and broadcasting transmission
Vintage-style meter features gain reduction and output
Transformer balanced inputs and outputs on Neutrik* XLR connectors
Rugged 2U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
10-Year Warranty Program*
Designed and engineered in the U.K.
By saltmcgault Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:18 am
Ill-Green wrote:
Danoc wrote:LOL SMH no wonder he's l'll lol

I'm fine now, so we can laugh at it, I don't mind :D

It was something new and no treatment existed until after a year later I got better. I always been the sick child though, had everything twice, from chicken pox to strep throat. Since I recovered from dengue, I never been sick again, maybe a cold or flu here and there but nothing to be a week or two out of work. Even after recovery, I looked like a crackhead and pale green. So I made an album called Ill Green because of it, people thought that was my name and so it was done.

i just clicked on the ill green logo on your signature. I didn't know you were getting down like that. You have any of those art figures left? those things are dope!
By Danoc Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:32 pm
That's a nice joint, I know you're going to have fun with that LOL

I just got my X Touch One, Pics coming tonight when I get home!

CharlesRandolph wrote:Check out the KT-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier with Vacuum Tubes, Optical Attenuator and MIDAS Transformers. It's going for 500 dollar each, making it 1000 for stereo.

Classic tube compressor/leveling amplifier modeled after the iconic Teletronix LA-2A*
Completely discrete signal path
Premium selection 12AX7, 12BH7 and EL84 tubes
Lag-free optical attenuator based on original electroluminescent technology
Custom-built MIDAS input and output transformers
Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 20 kHz, +/ - 1 dB
Gain Limiting: 0 to 30 dB
Ultra-fast attack time: 10 milliseconds

By Danoc Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:36 pm
Yeah it does in a way. I like that mini too.

I Don't know l will try it. That would be cool if it does then a person could mix in the MPC Live software.

CharlesRandolph wrote:
That looks likes a mini Behringer X-Touch. Do any of the parameter control the MPC LIVE?
By Cockdiesel Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:22 am
I wonder what the optical compressor is better used for. I like the 1176 limiter, seen some clones like this by Klark and warm audio. I really wonder if getting the higher end stuff really makes that much more a difference. I’d be willing to check one of these out someday. Really dig the warm audio pultec clone.

Side note vst folks:
Soundtoys crystallizer is on sale for 29 bucks. Seems like eventide effects style vst. I think I recall the dudes from soundtoys had a big hand in developing the eventide h3000 Algos.
Not sure but I have heard good things about soundtoys.

Have fun y’all
By CharlesRandolph Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:14 am
Cockdiesel wrote:I wonder what the optical compressor is better used for. I like the 1176 limiter, seen some clones like this by Klark and warm audio. I really wonder if getting the higher end stuff really makes that much more a difference. I’d be willing to check one of these out someday. Really dig the warm audio pultec clone.

Side note vst folks:
Soundtoys crystallizer is on sale for 29 bucks. Seems like eventide effects style vst. I think I recall the dudes from soundtoys had a big hand in developing the eventide h3000 Algos.

Have fun y’all

On the high end, I look for lower noise floor, build quality, reliability, and tech support. The KT-2A Classic is only $500 each, it's a good starter compressor/limiter. Many people spend thousands just get that last 5% of improvement. For myself, I could not hear any difference and it made no drastic improvement with my production.

Many guys I know buy high-end gear, because they have to. Either spend it, write it off and resale it or the TAX MAN takes the money and they receive no write off.
By CharlesRandolph Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:11 am
Cockdiesel wrote:In what case would you use that compressor over a 1176 style?
I wonder this because there seems to many differnt flavors of compressors and the roles they fit.

That would all depends on project, artist, genre, and chain. I'm looking to use the KT-2A Classic on drums and turntable based record samples. Also interested to see how it handles upright bass, vocals, and piano.
By Danoc Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:21 pm
I have Soundtoys Echo Boy, Little Plate (dope), and Filterfreak. I love these. I was about to get the Crystallizer but I don't need it. But Sound Toys is dope. Let me know when you see the Eventide H3000 for $29 LOL (dare to dream) LOL

Cockdiesel wrote:Soundtoys crystallizer is on sale for 29 bucks. Seems like eventide effects style vst. I think I recall the dudes from soundtoys had a big hand in developing the eventide h3000 Algos.

Have fun y’all
By Cockdiesel Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:01 pm
I’m torn between getting the vst vs the hardware unit.
From what I’ve read there’s a huge difference because of the converters but on the other hand they are getting old and will need way more upkeep. I think the vst is a few hundred and the hardware starts at 1000...
I already have a h9 so in no rush. The ensoniq dp-4 look real cool too. You can process 4 channels at once or however you want to configure it.
By Danoc Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:30 pm
Thats what happened to me with the Alphatrack and getting the new XT1. Alphatrack is old no need to fix it. Si l know what you mean. You have an H9 you're good. I can deal with hardware only if its someone's else. But for me l will stick with the software.

Cockdiesel wrote:I’m torn between getting the vst vs the hardware unit.
From what I’ve read there’s a huge difference because of the converters but on the other hand they are getting old and will need way more upkeep. I think the vst is a few hundred and the hardware starts at 1000...
I already have a h9 so in no rush. The ensoniq dp-4 look real cool too. You can process 4 channels at once or however you want to configure it.