MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By axs Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:59 pm
Hey,
I'm trying to import some midi files from Logic Pro x to the MPC live in standalone. I export files from Logic onto a usb stick, find them in the MPC browser, import a file to it's own sequence (as there is no option to merge with existing sequences), and there is no note information when I go into grid view - the file is simply empty. (I double checked that there are programmed notes by importing a saved midi file into Logic again).

Any tips?
By Danoc Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:58 pm
Are you in standalone mode or Controller mode and using the software?

axs wrote:Hey,
I'm trying to import some midi files from Logic Pro x to the MPC live in standalone. I export files from Logic onto a usb stick, find them in the MPC browser, import a file to it's own sequence (as there is no option to merge with existing sequences), and there is no note information when I go into grid view - the file is simply empty. (I double checked that there are programmed notes by importing a saved midi file into Logic again).

Any tips?
By Danoc Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:32 pm
axs wrote:Standalone...

Hmmmm from what l know you can't for standalone. I might be wrong. I know ypu can for the software. It would suck if you can't. I hope you can cause that would be dope