MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By sawwaveanalog Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:14 pm
So I built a little house music setup in eurorack centered around the X... aaaaand it turns out that the cv outs on the X don’t seem to be able to push all of my stuff the way I want. I have 7 modules that need triggers- kick, snare, clap etc... the problem is that the X can only handle sequencing three things at once via trigger outs. When I try to record that 4th line the other outputs start acting screwy and drropping hits, and I’m talking with gate only, no constant cv 4/4 drum triggers only, no associated cv.

A $2400 machine with 8 fully assignable cv/gate outs that can only handle three at a time seems kind of weird to me.

I have tried every combination of output numbers, sequences, cables etc as I can think of with no change. As a temporary fix I bought an Erica MIDI to trigger module as a stopgap for now but... I’m curious if this is a problem specific to me, or if all x’s behave this way. My unit was an extremely early one, one of the very first ones in the US if that makes any difference.
By Ill-Green Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:57 pm
This is one aspect of the X that has been in the dark since its release. Everyone went ga-ga over the CV outs but hardly any news of anyone using them.

Right now can't say if its a faulty machine or intentional design because of lack of reports in that department.