MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cloud777 Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:21 pm
Hi when i go to controller mode i cant trigger midi to my sound modules even tho i have assigned the ports in preferance page, i can trigger vst instruments but not my hardware sound module's.
When im in standalone mode i CAN trigger all my sound modules.My sound modules r connected to the mpc X by midi cables like the old school way..
IS THIS ANOTHER BUG?? firmware is 2.2.2.1 and software on mac is 2.2.1
By DeaDeus Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:23 am
cloud777 wrote:Hi when i go to controller mode i cant trigger midi to my sound modules even tho i have assigned the ports in preferance page, i can trigger vst instruments but not my hardware sound module's.
When im in standalone mode i CAN trigger all my sound modules.My sound modules r connected to the mpc X by midi cables like the old school way..
IS THIS ANOTHER BUG?? firmware is 2.2.2.1 and software on mac is 2.2.1

Hi there, sorry but it sounds you are not the only one - even though it sounds like a slightly different issue.
http://community.akaipro.com/akai_profe ... oller-mode
This seems to be indeed a bug - but not necessary connected to the latest update.
I myself have occasionally the issue of loosing some keys - most notes are triggered, but some notes are not played.
I assume all this is due to a very unstable implementation of MIDI. If you look through all forums, you will see that people have mostly MIDI issues. AKAI seems to have an own idea of how to implement the Standard from 1986 - sorry being ironical... their major effort should be stabilizing the MIDI protocols rather than giving us flashy features.
My first MIDI synth was a Sequential Circuits Six-Trak - First Edition. At the time we had to get the eprom flashed at shops and after about three updates it was stable - but this was in the early 90th :-) The standard is clear nowadays and 100th of software and hardware synth are doing well out there. But AKAI has issues moving from a pure sampler/sequencer to a full size studio machine - sorry now I am getting polemic as well. But frustration is high here. I never used DAWs as the compatibility of drivers, hardware etc drove me nuts when I started. I decided to go for hardware only - and when I bought the Yamaha RS7000 about 13 years ago I knew instantly this was a perfect decision - not perfect in all matters, but rock-solid-stable. If the next update for my MPC X is still a waste of time, I will sell it, and wait for another solution with my old "heavy machine".
By akom-studio.com Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:20 pm
Hey,

you might wanna compare to what I wrote here:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=186463&p=1748772#p1748772

I meanwhile came to the conclusion that it's as per design - if you load the MPC software as a VST, you cannot control anything else with the pads (well, at least not in default setup - there's probably a way). If you don't load the Software as a VST, it sends midi data from the pads to the DAW. At least for me that's the case - and weirdly enough, it even sends some midi notes from the bank select pads (and hence, you cannot use them to change the bank / octave).

Maybe this explains the behaviour in your case, too?