MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 40Beatz Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:38 pm
Kanye Vibing out with a MPC Live on the table....

https://www.facebook.com/DefJam/videos/296413001137760/
By 40Beatz Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:17 pm
Lol Kanye is not too talented, but I just wanted to showcase the MPC Live hooked up on the table.
By Certified Beatz Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:00 am
so a micheal Jason sample I believe and he dancing like a buffoon what joke he is but paid so I guess I am hatin lol
By Icepulse Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:07 pm
Not to diminish his success, but he gets credit for “innovative production”, when the truth is, these beats aren’t NEW, they’re only new to hip hop. He introduced production concepts that were already yesterday’s news to other genres of electronic, indie and dance.

Hip hop audiences are traditionally pretty resistant to other genres, until their favorite rappers spit over similar beats.
By CharlesRandolph Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:39 pm
Icepulse wrote:Not to diminish his success, but he gets credit for “innovative production”, when the truth is, these beats aren’t NEW, they’re only new to hip hop. He introduced production concepts that were already yesterday’s news to other genres of electronic, indie and dance.

Hip hop audiences are traditionally pretty resistant to other genres, until their favorite rappers spit over similar beats.

They aren't new to Hip Hop. :lol:
By ringmaker Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:01 pm
Icepulse wrote:Not to diminish his success, but he gets credit for “innovative production”, when the truth is, these beats aren’t NEW, they’re only new to hip hop. He introduced production concepts that were already yesterday’s news to other genres of electronic, indie and dance.

the audience yes, but producers sample and listen to all kinds of genres since the beginning

and the only person who thinks that kanye is innovative is kanye himself :lol:
By Icepulse Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:36 pm
I’m talking about his audience. Back in the 80’s (and I was there), average hip-hop fans made fun of an hated anything like, say, depeche mode, or Thomas Dolby or, Lets say Kate Bush or whatever. It was always “what is this bullshit?”. Now, Kanye can flip some glitchy, Fairlight-type abstract beat, and it’s hip hop. Everyone goes nuts. So like I say... it’s new to hip hop, not to music.
By CharlesRandolph Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:52 am
Icepulse wrote:I’m talking about his audience. Back in the 80’s (and I was there), average hip-hop fans made fun of an hated anything like, say, depeche mode, or Thomas Dolby or, Lets say Kate Bush or whatever. It was always “what is this ****?”. Now, Kanye can flip some glitchy, Fairlight-type abstract beat, and it’s hip hop. Everyone goes nuts. So like I say... it’s new to hip hop, not to music.

People were dancing, rapping to R&B, House, Techno, Go Go, Electro Funk, and Freestyle music. In the 80 Rap music was still beat-box and synth driven like Pretty Tony's Jam The Box, Grandmixer D.S.T. - The Home Of Hip Hop, Newcleus's Jam on it, Gigolo Tony with Smurf Rock hahahaha

You just have to go back and listen, people listened to everything.
By Ill-Green Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:59 am
The only thing I remember Hip Hop fans hating was fake sneakers and fake rappers and any outsider that stereotyped the genre.
By dryad-66 Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:51 am
Well i would say that altho Kanye is a wally hes pretty open minded compared to a lot of other rappers ect.My problem with all genres there's lots of cliqued sheep followers.Bbaaaahhhh (that vid is cringe worthy of the highest order haha)
By CharlesRandolph Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:56 am
Ill-Green wrote:The only thing I remember Hip Hop fans hating was fake sneakers and fake rappers and any outsider that stereotyped the genre.

I remember people calling it DISCO RAP, dub of a dub of mix tape, a bunch of gangs, and burned down buildings. So yeah being an outsider could get you stabbed. :lol:
By Icepulse Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:09 pm
OK one more shot. The “lawn sprinkler” type hats found in 90% of modern hip hop is nothing new to acts like Aphex Twin or Squarepusher. And now, it’s all that mainstream listeners want to hear. They say B.B. is “old”, and scoff. This implies that the current drums in hip hop are “new” style. But they aren’t. They’re just new to them.