MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By DOGRU Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:29 pm
Whats up all?

I keep getting phasing when trying to parallel compress in stand alone mode. I think im beating my head against a wall here. I really dont want to use controller mode. Ive seen some cool workarounds and I may just resort to those.

But, its not possible in stand alone mode at the moment. is it?
By DOGRU Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:07 pm
Fanu wrote:That probably means there’s latency on the processed signal and/or it isn’t compensated for. Dang.

That's what I assumed.
Bymember04959388 Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:43 pm
using wet dry on compressor could not be a parallel compression?
By Ill-Green Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:52 am
To prevent phase cancellation in NYC, you have to play one of the sounds a millisecond late. For instance, like 2 turntables playing the same record. One hard compressed and the other natural. One turntable would have to be played a millisecond before the other.
By Fanu Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:01 am
Frisbi wrote:using wet dry on compressor could not be a parallel compression?

That’s how it’s handled by most modern compressor plugins.
By DOGRU Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:50 pm
Its unfortunate, but utilizing the on board compressors while turning the wet/dry knob doesnt help. Phasing starts as soon as you apply any of the onboard compressor to an insert in a return and start sending a pad with a kick, etc.
Bymember04959388 Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:45 pm
Yes I understand.
You would need a buss to put all drums and a compressor in insert and work with dry wet.
Standalone has no buss option.
You could try putting an idrntical comp in insert for every single sound and work with the wet dry for every single insert but this way it would become a bit complicated
By Cockdiesel Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:51 pm
I never noticed any phasing but I don’t use them as inserts on the live. I apply my effects to the whole program...
By DOGRU Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:51 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:I prefer doing it in the analog domain where it’s safe...I just use my trusty Mackie 1202VLZ4 and the RNC1773 compressor ;-)

I may be going that route. I thought it would be at least worth a trying to see if those inserts would act like busses, but oh well. I can get it done later after tracking out.