MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Bymember04959388 Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:45 pm
I am having a hard time to find a solution for travelling with my live set.
I would need to fit a MPC Live, a Kaoss pad and a Boss RV 500 into some reinforced bag that I could carry in a plane.
So not something too heavy, a portable handy solution would be the best.
Any help?
Any suggestion?
Thanx.
By Cockdiesel Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:57 am
I carry a live with a deck saver, a Roland md-500 (same size as your effect box), and an iPad in case in my back pack. Maybe a padded backpack would work. I just have a one pocket plain back pack, so a laptop back pack with more pockets might be a lot better. I put either a small pillow or a towel for padding.

I also bring a key step with me but it won’t fit into my backpack so I just carry it in hand.

How do you like the rv-500 ? I was really impressed with the md, love the battery operation. Great multi purpose pedal.
Bymember04959388 Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:14 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:I carry a live with a deck saver, a Roland md-500 (same size as your effect box), and an iPad in case in my back pack. Maybe a padded backpack would work. I just have a one pocket plain back pack, so a laptop back pack with more pockets might be a lot better. I put either a small pillow or a towel for padding.

I also bring a key step with me but it won’t fit into my backpack so I just carry it in hand.

How do you like the rv-500 ? I was really impressed with the md, love the battery operation. Great multi purpose pedal.

Rv 500 is the king of Reverbs.
I tried bigsky, space and ventris before.
Rv 500 is way another level, you can edit it to achieve anything you want and it always has a beautiful sound.
I really don't understand why people don't realize it, it's a very underrated device
By CharlesRandolph Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:56 pm
Frisbi wrote:I am having a hard time to find a solution for travelling with my live set.
I would need to fit a MPC Live, a Kaoss pad and a Boss RV 500 into some reinforced bag that I could carry in a plane.
So not something too heavy, a portable handy solution would be the best.
Any help?
Any suggestion?
Thanx.

1. Build a custom case, that is light. compact, securely fits everything, and you can take it on a plane.
2. Get a backpack with enough padding.

If you could only take one, which one would it be? If your answer is the MPC Live. Figure a way to conduct your entire set using that one piece. Traveling a lot with our gear, you find a way to reduce, reduce, reduce. :-D
By CharlesRandolph Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:02 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Do yourself a favor and buy this backpack: https://www.udggear.com/udg-ultimate-di ... nge-inside
After extensive searching i went with this one..
Here in action with decksavers fitting a Live+Tempest+Mackie1202VLZ4

The UDG is a nice bag. I had case built to house my road gear. Everything was secured and connected so the only thing I had to do was plug main power and main audio out. After months on the road, even connecting gear became an issue I wanted to avoid. :lol: :lol:

How are you protecting the knobs on your mixer in the back pack?
Bymember04959388 Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:49 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Trust me you don’t need anything with these Mackie mixers..There’s a stress test in YouTube where this mixer goes to hell and back and survives!Sadly no decksaver for it..
But it would be nice to fit it inside this bag:
https://www.proaudioland.com/mackie-mix ... z-pro.html

That Mackie bag looks really really interesting.
Do you confirm it has a good protection?
Something that works even to travel by plane, trains and so on?
Hey thanks so much for the advice.
Do you know the exact dimensions?
Its not written on the site.
Thanks again.
By Danoc Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:05 pm
Yo those Mackie bags are dope! Wonder which one holds the Live. I like the one thats $39 and says "Mackie" on it.

MACKIE:
Details
"Carry and protect your 1202 VLZ4, VLZ3 or VLZ Pro Series Mackie mixer with this high impact tote bag. The high-density rigid internal foam offers drop protection for your Mackie mixer. Complete with embroidered Mackie logo on elegant black 1500 Denier nylon, padded shoulder strap and sides, and heavy-duty zippers. Fit Guide 1202VLZ Bag fits 1202 VLZ4, 1202 VLZ3 and 1202 VLZ Pro Mixers".

---------------------
The only things l would need to take to do production if l need to travel is:

1. MPC Live
2. Laptop
3. Mini keyboard
4. Senn. 600 HD head phones
5. X Touch One (getting another one for traveling).

And that's alll need. Portable studio.
Last edited by Danoc on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:06 pm
Frisbi wrote:That Mackie bag looks really really interesting.
Do you confirm it has a good protection?
Something that works even to travel by plane, trains and so on?
Hey thanks so much for the advice.
Do you know the exact dimensions?
Its not written on the site.
Thanks again.

The easiest thing to find, is a bag or case that protect the external. But I find the damage is always internally. Vibrations, Drops, and Bumps. Just make sure that whatever you get it has 2.8LB to 3.5LB High Density foam.
Last edited by CharlesRandolph on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By CharlesRandolph Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:07 pm
Danoc wrote:Yo those Mackie bags are dope! Wonder which one holds the Live. I like the one thats $39 and says "Mackie" on it.

MACKIE:
Details
"Carry and protect your 1202 VLZ4, VLZ3 or VLZ Pro Series Mackie mixer with this high impact tote bag. The high-density rigid internal foam offers drop protection for your Mackie mixer. Complete with embroidered Mackie logo on elegant black 1500 Denier nylon, padded shoulder strap and sides, and heavy-duty zippers. Fit Guide 1202VLZ Bag fits 1202 VLZ4, 1202 VLZ3 and 1202 VLZ Pro Mixers".

If they are for travel. I suggest to get a bag that does not have any LOGOS or Brand Names. It makes your gear a higher target for thieves. They love to see, new shine cases, custom design cases, and cases with brand names on them. :lol: