MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By djst Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:17 pm
Hi there, first post and I hope I'm not doing anything wrong by asking this question. I did search the forum for "transpose" but nothing relevant came up that answered my question.

I'm thinking of buying an MPC One and I'm used to playing around with a keyboard and not sure if I'll enjoy playing chords and harmonies on pads only. My plan is to get a small 25 key midi keyboard and I'm wondering if there's an easy way to transpose the notes coming in from the USB keyboard on the MPC One side of things?

Why? Because I only play the C-scale reasonably well and not all USB midi keyboards seem to have a way to transpose directly from the keyboard. For example, Akai MPK25 Mini doesn't (only via their PC/Mac app), while the M-Audio Keystation 32 does have built-in transpose.
By Wavy Davy Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:48 am
I have the same question for the same reason.
My Arturia Minilab mk2 keyboard controller, has no built in pitch transpose, only has octave shift.
As far as I can tell, the MPC doesn’t transpose incoming midi, on the fly.
It appears, it can only transpose playback of midi notes, that have already been recorded, on a track.

Would love to see AKAI, add this feature, in a future software update.
By Elijah Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:30 am
djst wrote:Thank you Drew! Is it a quick change when playing live? I'll be jamming with a drummer and a guitarist so I'll need to transpose on the fly. :WTF: :lol:

It's easy! Just change the Transpose value in the Track row and the input notes will be transposed (only the output sound pitch, not the raw MIDI notes) on the fly.