MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dustyslices Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:32 pm
they're well aware of that since a looong time. Personally I think that in ver. 2.x , midi is broken somewhere at it's core and would require a total rewrite (as many other things) so I wouldn't expect them to fix it before 3.x.
besides... they've been really quiet with incremental updates lately so hopefully it means that they shifted their focus to a next version, who knows ?

By Keebz Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:31 pm
Resetting with autorun folder on MPC One does not boot from start up state. Instead, media card with autorun folder has to be inserted AFTER the unit has powered on and booted. This is opposite of previous instructions in past firmware.
By Alternative 3 Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:11 pm
VST no longer successfully loading with 2.12.1 on Mac Mini m2 pro running Ventura

I experimented with going back to 2.10 and all VSTs scanned and loaded perfectly. Updated to 2.12 and anything that is not a VST3 fails when scanned.
By Juxx Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:33 pm
Just got pushed an update on my Live 2 worried about pushing it.

What is it? Any info

It's 2.12.1
By Juxx Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:44 pm
Oh I see this has been out for awhile according to previous posts.

I bought air delay pro months ago... Complained to Akai/inmusick they got back to me after 3 months sent a few emails back and forth then they said the ticket is closed and delay pro still don't work in standalone.
By Erratik Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:16 pm
On the current fw, 2.12.1 i am unable to use the "." character as input for the wifi password. thats a drag..

is this just me / or already known? i think ive noticed it elsewhere in other menus too, but not as big of a deal.. can't always change wifi pws...
By Erratik Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:23 pm
On this one I am not sure if its on this end or Ableton live [11 suite/macOScatalina], but the live link does not match up the tracks 1:1. it starts the mpc track where ever it wants. ableton's at 1.1.1 so the mpc starts on measure 15.1.1. i might be broken though.. same on wifi and ethernet. let me know.
By Schnooker Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:01 am
MPC X running 2.12.2
Internal SanDisk SSD 4TB (just over 3tb full) - SSD has been thoroughly checked for errors, and is error free!

Takes roughly 4.5 minutes to boot.
MPC X cannot find trusted Wi-Fi connection that all previous firmware versions had no issues with.
Will not install Air Chorus (under any circumstances) via numerous hot-spot Wi-Fi's - OS freezes and then continually comes up with error that no Wi-Fi connection can be found.

If I go back to previous 2.12.1 FW, everything is absolutely fine!
By 83dude Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:40 am
Schnooker wrote:If I go back to previous 2.12.1 FW, everything is absolutely fine!

Did you try using a different install method, e.g. via USB instead of online update? Users have reported that sometimes fixing the issue.
By Andronikos Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:21 am
The loop button on the Sequencer section is turned off. Nevertheless, the sequence keeps repeating. I turn it on and off again and it seems to work for a while, before not working again. I use the mpc live 2 on stage while playing the guitar. Impossible to stop it manually, both hands are busy...
By Schnooker Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:55 pm
83dude wrote:
Schnooker wrote:If I go back to previous 2.12.1 FW, everything is absolutely fine!

Did you try using a different install method, e.g. via USB instead of online update? Users have reported that sometimes fixing the issue.

Yes, attempted all three known update methods, and all yield the same outcome as listed in my post.
By DatGood Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:56 am
Sigh...
After probably a year of not upgrading, finally did and it now crackles with my eurorack interface [Expert Sleepers ES-9].
By mikobuntu Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:48 pm
Hi guys, can reliably cause a freeze in both hardware and software MPC when using certain settings in the list editor.

[ latest firmware/updates etc ]

here are some simple steps to reproduce

(1) Load 1 sample into a drum pad ( hi-hat in my case, but any short one shot will work )

(2) add 2 notes e.g 1st beat of each bar in 2 bar loop

(3) Press play to loop the sequence

(4) Open list editor and set a rachet of 3 and length to 0 for any one of the samples.

The playback now stops , with the play button still engaged and you cannot escape from this non playable state.

A lot of functionality is now lost and eventually the audio engine crashes on the MPC-2 software and a force quit is required. I'm assuming something similar is happening on my MPC ONE+ at this point , which also requires a hard restart to fix.