MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 83dude Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:50 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:That stuff could actually be illegal in the EU. I mean, sending stuff to Google Analytics without the user's consent, and not telling the user that their data is being sent to ... Where? The U.S.? If you are a lawyer and want to say it's not like that, go ahead.

Clever move. Inform your respective EU representative about that and see what they‘ll tell you. :WTF:
They WILL say you acted on consent when you registered your machine or software. Read up on those :-D .
By MPC-Tutor Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:01 pm
83dude wrote:They WILL say you acted on consent when you registered your machine or software. Read up on those :-D .

If you somehow initially consented to this when registering (and GDPR requires you actively consent rather than 'defaulting' to consent, i.e. no pre-checked acceptance etc) , that consent would have been subsequently receded when you unchecked the consent box in the firmware.

BTW, here's the link to Kikgen's Google analytics discovery:

https://github.com/TheKikGen/MPC-LiveXp ... 2023-01-27

Code: Select all                    Host: www.google-analytics.com
                    Accept: */*
                    User-Agent: MPC/2.11 (AZ01; ACV8U; <unknown>; 5.15.78)
                    Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
                    Content-length: 159
                    192.168.002.025.49444-142.250.075.238.00080: POST /collect HTTP/1.1
                    Host: www.google-analytics.com
                    Content-length: 203
By Korzo Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:01 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
83dude wrote:They WILL say you acted on consent when you registered your machine or software. Read up on those :-D .

If you somehow initially consented to this when registering (and GDPR requires you actively consent rather than 'defaulting' to consent, i.e. no pre-checked acceptance etc) , that consent would have been subsequently receded when you unchecked the consent box in the firmware.

BTW, here's the link to Kikgen's Google analytics discovery:

https://github.com/TheKikGen/MPC-LiveXp ... 2023-01-27

Code: Select all                    Host: www.google-analytics.com
                    Content-length: 159
                    192.168.002.025.49444-142.250.075.238.00080: POST /collect HTTP/1.1
                    Host: www.google-analytics.com
                    Content-length: 203

If this is true, InMusic should receive a letter from the GDPR's European Union as this doesn't seem very legal.
By slacktmusic Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:10 pm
I'm going crazy with this problem. I run the latest 2.12.1 FW on my MPC One.
I'm currently not around the studio and carry the MPC One around. So it seems like if it's not connected to power, I need to connect it to the internet EVERY DAY and then click refresh to activate Fabric and Delay Pro. WTF Akai!?!
Is that only me, or are others experiencing the same?

Petition angrily signed.