MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:09 pm
That is hilarious. I swear the internet needs to die haha.

I saw a mock up of a Mini with the pads photoshopped hanging off the side yesterday it was great hehe.
By B-Wise Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:33 pm
Monotremata wrote:That is hilarious. I swear the internet needs to die haha.

I saw a mock up of a Mini with the pads photoshopped hanging off the side yesterday it was great hehe.

I was just about to say that the pads & wheels need to switch positions or something. :lol:
By Ultros Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:55 pm
LOL its a trimmed down live in a D keybed. Porky pies!
By B-Wise Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:42 pm
I hope something good gets made from this union.
By EnochLight Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:00 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Pretty sure Moog outsourced all of their plugins.

Looks like they are developed in-house

https://audiokitpro.com/geert-moog/

Nice find! Wonder if they kept Geert Bevin in the acquisition? If so, that could certainly be leveraged to Akai, though I'm not sure how open Air Music Tech will be to that. :lol:
By Koekepan Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:01 pm
I don't really see a problem here, but I don't think that I foresee any crossover work between Akai Professional and Moog either.

The MPC/Force family are digital down to their roots, and the Moog family is pretty much all analogue.

I guess the closest that I could see - maybe - is if Akai were to build some kind of dedicated sequencer/arranger device for driving modular and semimodular gear. That would actually be cool, but they could just as easily make sure that Moog's toolbox includes high quality MIDI/CV conversion functions, and sell every Berlin School dude an MPC One+.
By B-Wise Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:44 pm
Koekepan wrote:I don't really see a problem here, but I don't think that I foresee any crossover work between Akai Professional and Moog either.

The MPC/Force family are digital down to their roots, and the Moog family is pretty much all analogue.

I guess the closest that I could see - maybe - is if Akai were to build some kind of dedicated sequencer/arranger device for driving modular and semimodular gear. That would actually be cool, but they could just as easily make sure that Moog's toolbox includes high quality MIDI/CV conversion functions, and sell every Berlin School dude an MPC One+.

The Force & Moog could make a pretty baby together. MPC heads might complain that it not a real MPC, or something crazy like that. The Force users seem more open.
By Koekepan Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:10 am
Force users have learned to smile through our tears when anybody remembers that we exist.

We love you guys, we really do! Can we sit at the cool table, too?
By Neodymium Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:25 am
Koekepan wrote:Force users have learned to smile through our tears when anybody remembers that we exist.

What's a Force? :?
By bitermc Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:14 am
Neodymium wrote:
Koekepan wrote:Force users have learned to smile through our tears when anybody remembers that we exist.

Something from a nerd movie of the 1970s, I think...
By mr_debauch Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:35 am
maybe they will port the moog ipad app to the mpc platform.

maybe they will have bundle sales; buy two moogs and you get $100 off an mpc one
By Neodymium Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:06 am
bitermc wrote:
Neodymium wrote:

Something from a nerd movie of the 1970s, I think...

80s maybe
By Neodymium Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:17 am
bitermc wrote:I could do a great soundtrack for that with my new Jura :mrgreen:

You know, if I look at the picture hard enough, I think I can hear it.
By Lampdog Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:31 pm
mr_debauch wrote:maybe they will port the moog ipad app to the mpc platform.

Animoog Z

..in mpc