MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cliquid Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:25 am
Hey guys,

I am definitely not a newbie at this, but I am definitely feeling like one. I have tried three different bluetooth
QWERTY keyboards with my MPC Live 2 and it will just not connect. They are available to pair but I get an error message every time I try and even a total lock up on the MPC Live 2 and a need to reboot.
The QWERTY keyboards connect to everything else I try them with.
Has anyone actually successfully managed to connect a QWERTY keyboard and it stays connected and it's actually usable? I am happy to use the wifi option, but I was hoping to not have to use up one of the USB ports.
Am I missing something? Is there a secret unlock code from Akai that I have missed somewhere lol
By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:46 pm
I'm using an Apple wireless keyboard with the Force, working nicely.

AFAIK, Bluetooth-equipped MPCs can use qwerty keyboards for typing in names for tracks, programs etc. and search terms and file/folder names.

I think everybody would like keyboard support to be extended across the whole MPC/Force software. Using arrow keys for navigation and keyboard shortcuts would be very nice. Why not Esc for exiting a dialog. How about a "back" navigation key that would take you back to whatever screen I was in previously? Why can't I type exact numeric values like tempo, volume, gain etc. from the keyboard? The MPC X has a numeric keypad. Why, was it a design mistake? Add mouse support as well.
By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:09 pm
B-Wise wrote:
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Add mouse support as well.

If they did wouldn't you have to change your user name? :lol:

Yes! I picked the username when I got an MPC One with high hopes of DAWless heaven. The more I used the damn touchscreen, the more I wanted a mouse.
By Lampdog Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:28 pm
Keyboard only, no mouse pad.

By Lampdog Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:43 pm
Both devices work BT flawlessly, mouse/trackpad features aren’t supported.

By Lampdog Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:51 am
Mouse/Trackpad support would be gravy.

But, nah, just typing, exactly like usb qwerty on mpc 4k.

Yep, I have an mpc 4k and have done the usb kybd thing there also.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:45 pm
dryad-66 wrote:Dayam……can it do anything interesting? mean apart from typing? Mouse support would be very useful nudging notes around ect too..

Yes. Delete key deletes highlighted notes.
Shift key held will let you select notes one at a time. Say every other high hat for eg

Sure there was more but been a while since I used mine. Came across this trying to get a bit keyboard to connect.