MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JasonSparks Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:15 am
Is it possible to send midi commands from my DAW to mute and unmute tracks in the MPC. I use Track Mute mode and mute via tapping the MPC pads at the moment but I'd like to sequence that. Any ideas anyone?
By kazakore Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:24 pm
Quite possibly the most obvious thing to map on an MPC...

Select the MIDI Track you want in top box.
Select Mixer > Mute in bottom box.
By JasonSparks Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:09 pm
I'm not sure I understand. From what page is this on? I'm basically trying to send midi messages from a DAW to the MPC to mute and unmute tracks. I thought maybe on the Track Mute page, each Pad would have a midi note and I send midi notes to all on the same midi channel (e.g. Ch 10) to trigger each pad to mute/unmute the track assigned to that pad.
By JasonSparks Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:02 pm
Yeah, I had read the manual before posting. I'd already been to the Midi Control page - Just couldn't get things working and wanted to check if i was missing something. I'll explore further tomorrow.
By kazakore Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:06 pm
kazakore wrote:Menu > MIDI Control > MIDI Learn.

Once you're in this screen click the + button (top left) then turn on Learn, next touch the physical control you want to map to on your controller, then turn off Learn so you don't accidentally overwrite it. Then the drop downs set to my initial reply. It is rather fiddly and needs improvements but it works well enough to get something going....