MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Deadkeys Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:28 am
Through USB direct or thru USB hub not seen at all. My other Keyboards are all seen.
The MPC gets communication through MIDI din (pads light up) but is not selectable as a midi port for playback.
Any Ideas?
By Deadkeys Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:10 pm
dustyslices wrote:mininova is not a class compliant usb device

Through DIN I should be able to have the MPC output standard mini any channel yes
By KaoticShock Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:03 am
I also have a Novation Mininova and an MPC Live. They are correct about the Mininova not being class-compliant. I use it with my MPC via 5-pin MIDI and it works fine. I also got Program change to work for switching presets and external Tempo sync for arp, LFO and FX settings.
By Lampdog Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:50 am
No drivers to install. I use it on ASR-10 and EMU Turbo Phatt connected to a USB 3.0 powered multi-port hub and that hub is connected to my MPC X. Zero problems.

Yes, it will work on pc and mac.
By Kaffimusic Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:45 am
Usually I connect my MiniNova with CME Widi Master Wireless Midi connectors. Those thingys can buid a group of 4, so max 4 external synth can be connected via one adaptor. Works pretty well for playing and receiving notes, as well as CC messages, especially when you deal with older gear that has no Midi via USB or came out before Class compliant was a thing.
But I have to tell the wireless system is not fit for precise syncing of synth internal arps or LFOs. This needs a wired connection.
There are small or bigger Midi splitters/hubs for that on the market. Cheaper and more expensive ones as well. CME also has one that combines Widi (WirelessMidi) and cable bound the same time. I am in the process of exploring that functionality.
A cableless connection is sometimes quite nice.