MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ivato Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:27 pm
Hello all
Posted this yesterday on gearspace, doubling it for your info and to have feedback from here also !
On MPC One, last version.

I have noticed this bug since long time but never shared it and cannot find any reference of this on the net.
At the beginning I did'nt mind but now I cannot stand it anymore.

On the step sequencer view, when settings values on steps by moving the qlinks ( or touching the screen ) , you can see the value by touching the qlink.

Some parameters like track volume, send 1..4 volumes, the value is displayed in dBs.

When this is the case, the value you read, does not match the value displayed in the "track mix" view.

It looks like there is a bug where the height of the red bar of the step, is not translated in the non-linear way to display dBs ( I don't know if it is exp or log or whatelse. It is not linear )

I would like to know the rule to translate the values between the "track mix" view and the "step seq" view in both ways.

Any help appreciated.
By dustyslices Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:50 pm
yeah it's a known bug - if I remember correctly, program send values go up to 0dB everywhere (q-links / mixer page etc) but automation lane display goes up to +6dB.
Just double check if we are talking about same thing.
By ivato Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:17 pm
Yes this is it.
Here is the differences I have noted between step seq view ( left nvalue ) and mixer view ( right value )
+6,00 / 0 ( max)
+3 / -1.5
0/-3
-5.01/-5.51
-10.02/-8.01
-15.01/-10.5
-20.03/-13.00
-21.99/-15.5
-24.99/-15.5
-49.99/-28

the lower we go, the more difference we have, due to the logarythmic scale I think ?

This is weird. That bug should be fixed easily !
Some cross-product from x to x' , logarithmic, dampened by 6bb somewhere, that should do the trick but well, I will use my ears.
Isn't it weird to see it, whereas, in the meantime, we got among other things, a Juno, a Moog, a pitch envelope, multichannel midi, Digital Multi Audio Out; vocal FX, Air plugins,

Weeeeell