MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By BKLYN Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:13 pm
I'd thought you guys would be more excited about this news, I guess not...

By elstebbano Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:20 pm
That is very very awesome and great!
Absolutely made my day, mind is blown. That is a gamechanger :worthy:

Edit: Thats not in standalone? Goddamit
Edit2: seems that its going to be working in standalone soon, nice :smoker:
By jpeg Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:26 pm
elstebbano wrote:That is very very awesome and great!
Absolutely made my day, mind is blown. That is a gamechanger :worthy:

Edit: Thats not in standalone? Goddamit
Edit2: seems that its going to be working in standalone soon, nice :smoker:

if the feature aint standalone it dont count, lmao
By MaScHiNeHeAd Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:31 pm
Just seen this, awesome news!!
If anyone has seen the official Akai vid, Andy does say at the end it's software first, then standalone.
I for one am excited, but I'd be more excited about a Live 3....
By dunkeyman Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:07 pm
Oh my God this is amazing

I had to keep an Android phone around with Moises and a YouTube downloader app just to do this on my MPC (and Moises limited me to five songs per month).

I can't believe the MPC One for example is capable of this. I thought it required a really good GPU to do AI separation!

This is probably the biggest game changer for the MPC that I can think of (and I don't say that lightly).
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:10 pm
I like the way it's implemented using a standard DRUM program and the 4 layers, nice and simple. Time will tell on the quality of the results, especially when it comes over to standalone. I wonder if they are licensing this from a third party or built in-house.

Also the 'select all layers' feature in DRUM programs is a nice addition (generally speaking, not just for the stems). But surely a 'solo/mute layer' button also required?

This always seemed like such an obvious feature for MPCs to eventually have, hence very excited to see it, and very glad to see some attention being paid to the sampling side of things for a change.
By dunkeyman Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:19 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I like the way it's implemented using a standard DRUM program and the 4 layers, nice and simple. Time will tell on the quality of the results, especially when it comes over to standalone. I wonder if they are licensing this from a third party or built in-house.

Also the 'select all layers' feature in DRUM programs is a nice addition (generally speaking, not just for the stems). But surely a 'solo/mute layer' button also required?

This always seemed like such an obvious feature for MPCs to eventually have, hence very excited to see it, and very glad to see some attention being paid to the sampling side of things for a change.

According to the three videos I just watched the quality is excellent and on par with desktop PC vocal remover software. I also assume the MPC will automatically pick the best separation method instead of having to try ten different presets with UVR5 for example.

$9.99 is also so cheap that I'm surprised they're even charging for it.

Not to needlessly kiss Inmusic's rear end but I am very impressed they got this working on a machine like the MPC One.

Who on planet earth is going to bother with Maschine or Roland standalones when apparently the $600 MPC One is capable of GUI-intensive AI separation?
By jpeg Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:37 pm
dunkeyman wrote:Oh my God this is amazing

I had to keep an Android phone around with Moises and a YouTube downloader app just to do this on my MPC (and Moises limited me to five songs per month).

I can't believe the MPC One for example is capable of this. I thought it required a really good GPU to do AI separation!

This is probably the biggest game changer for the MPC that I can think of (and I don't say that lightly).

the feature does not work in standalone so its using ur computer cpu not the mpc one cpu
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:14 pm
dunkeyman wrote:$9.99 is also so cheap that I'm surprised they're even charging for it.

I missed that, so it's confirmed that it's $10?

Just want to point out that AKAI is now nickel and dimming OS functions, not plugins, not even a complete V3... "Monetization" begins...

I do think it's a slippery slope if they start charging to unlock individual OS features which in the past would have been free and just part of a 2.x update.

Hope they have fixed all the bugs with the activation system... :hmmm: