MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:47 pm
dustyslices wrote:so... just to be clear... currently none of you guys are able to load any preset despite you bought the expansion pack right ?

The expansion I bought (Opx4 Pro Motion) is loading fine, no problem there, my only issue is that the 'Plugin Expansions' folder method does not currently work for custom user presets.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:06 pm
NearTao wrote:Tutor...

I was able to place a saved version of the OPx-4 Pro Motion into the /Synth/AIR Music Technology - MPC - OPx-4/Presets directory and it loads just fine... has there been a reason not to go that direction for you?

That's the method I currently suggest for my Crush pack, but it only works if you have the relevant plugin folder already there in the 'Synths' folder. It doesn't work for plugins stored on the internal drive like Drumsynth, or MPC models where Fabric/OPx4 was pre-installed (MPC Key 61, MPC XSE).

You can manually add a Drumsynth folder to your external disk, but it replaces the internal version rather than adding to it, and hence wipes out all the factory presets. The workaround is to also place a copy of the factory presets on your external disk as well. Messy, and not something I can suggest to my customers.

The Plugin Expansions folder is the perfect solution, easy install for all customers and would help encourage a healthy third party preset ecosystem (and hence encourage more plugin sales). Win win.

I assume eventually akai will probably add sample expansion licensing, but will they remove third party access to the 'Expansions' folder? If so that's going to hurt a lot of third party developers.
By EnochLight Fri Feb 02, 2024 2:25 am
Just spent the evening messing with Pro Motion. Man, this pack has reignited my love for OPx-4 - just a fantastic synth and vastly underrated on the MPC! :worthy: This preset pack is brilliantly programed - Air Music did a bang up job. Curious who the sound designer was? :hmmm:
By B-Wise Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:21 am
EnochLight wrote:Just spent the evening messing with Pro Motion. Man, this pack has reignited my love for OPx-4 - just a fantastic synth and vastly underrated on the MPC! :worthy: This preset pack is brilliantly programed - Air Music did a bang up job. Curious who the sound designer was? :hmmm:

It be funny if it was Joe Filburn. His OPx-4 series was the best:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoxHBVkj2ripbNCBecQRgowfOschR4qjP&si=lCKPe12sClG7Xihy
By Lampdog Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:35 pm
I haven’t bought it…. Yet…
By EnochLight Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:33 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:MPCSAVE10 for 10% off ....

The code doesn't work :o

Eh.. it’s like.. what - $3 USD? I guess not a big deal.