MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Neodymium Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:11 am
I have 16 inputs available, but many are mono inputs, so they eat up a track numbers. I think I can work around this, because I don't use all inputs simultaneously, but having the option would be tidier. So I'm wondering if the Hakai gives the option of more than 8 tracks.

I'm not actually recording to audio, I just would like the routing option so I can mix within the MPC.
By Wul Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:18 pm
No it doesn’t.
However I have heard that the 8 track and 8 plugin limit can be bypassed. And has been done on the Akai Force, so it can be assumed that it is possible on the MPC too
By Neodymium Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:21 pm
Thanks

So something may come up. Pretty cool I can run 16 inputs, so I'm happy in that way, but a shame they are restricted to 8 audio channels, so have to be stereo if you want to use all 16.

GAS has lead me down a path where I've ended up with 4 stereo and 8 Mono outputs to find inputs for. :smh:
By B-Wise Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:20 pm
Neodymium wrote:Thanks

So something may come up. Pretty cool I can run 16 inputs, so I'm happy in that way, but a shame they are restricted to 8 audio channels, so have to be stereo if you want to use all 16.

GAS has lead me down a path where I've ended up with 4 stereo and 8 Mono outputs to find inputs for. :smh:

Time to put your foot on the breaks or get a Force :lol:
By Ultros Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:56 pm
It's limited to 8 simultaneous channels because if a user holds shift and arms every track and hits record and starts multi track recording it gets pretty heavy on that crappy little 32bit arm processor that was released around 2014. It might handle a couple more but it's not really got enough jam. plus with fx routes and send and returns active theres a bunch more processor work.
By Cana Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:10 pm
Wul wrote:Both 8 plugins and 8 audio track limits definitely can be bypassed on both the Mpc and the force . If you know how .

Is there a way without cfw to do it on the mpc?
By Wul Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:19 am
Cana wrote:
Wul wrote:Both 8 plugins and 8 audio track limits definitely can be bypassed on both the Mpc and the force . If you know how .

Is there a way without cfw to do it on the mpc?

Nope, fraid not