MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By i7718 Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:37 pm
Firmware 2.10.1 fwiw.

I'm using a MIDI clocked looper slaved to the MPC to record my guitar. I record a perfect loop on the looper, then hit record on the Tascam 12 and record the audio to SD and move it to my laptop. I play the file on the laptop and it sounds just like it did on the looper.

So I take that file and put it on the SD card that belongs to the MPC. I open a project and preview the sample and it sounds great again...exactly as it did on the looper.

So I load it into the program and give it a listen. This is where the sample "speeds up" and no longer sits in the BPM it was recorded at...even if I start a brand new project. Not only that, but every sample also tails off and loses volume as if it's already had a fade out applied.

The audio file does NOT change UNTIL it's actually loaded into the project...behaves normally up until that point.

I've done all this before with great success, so I suspect user error...but I can't find any settings while menu diving that look applicable. Even when I open up the project where I've previously succeeded, the new sample I recorded today behaves the same as previously described.

Any ideas?
By Lampdog Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:53 pm
What are the properties of your sample? Sample rate? Is it what your supposed to feed into the MPC?
By i7718 Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:51 am
On MPC Live II btw.

Samples are 44.1khz - 24bit

From what I can tell, 44.1khz is all that will work in standalone mode. Kinda verified that myself by switching the Tascam 12 to 48khz and losing all audio.
By i7718 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:28 am
Updated to 2.13 and it all works again...but ONLY on brand new projects. The old projects still speed the samples up and add a fade. Super frustrating.
By jamos Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:25 am
The MPCs often try to assign an incorrect tempo to samples. Go into the sample edit page for the sanple in question and make sure the tempo is correct, manually edit it if not.
By i7718 Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:24 am
The problem seems to be tied to a program full of drum kits that I use regularly. When I create a new program devoted solely to the new samples, everything seems to work out...but when I use my usual program, nothing does.

Super strange, but I've got a workaround now.
By Lampdog Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:10 am
Your usual, re-used program has left over settings that affect the new samples.