MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Adriel Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:40 pm
I have a Scarlett 18i20 audio interface that I want to use with my MPC One for recording multiple live tracks simultaneously. I have successfully connected the interface to the MPC One, but I am unsure if it's possible to arm multiple audio tracks to record separately and at the same time.
By Cana Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:55 pm
Yes! You can record up to 8 audio-tracks and even more midi-tracks simultaneously in standalone, when activating the record button on the tracks you want to record.
By Ultros Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:07 am
Go to the track view menu, where its got all the rows of tracks.. then hold shift and press each red arm button on the tracks you want to simultaneously record.
By Jean-Marc Liotier Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:17 am
Ultros wrote:Go to the track view menu, where its got all the rows of tracks.. then hold shift and press each red arm button on the tracks you want to simultaneously record.
Nothing in the UI's graphics suggests that multiple selection is possible... That circular red arm button should be a checkbox !
By Lampdog Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:05 pm
By EnochLight Wed Mar 27, 2024 3:35 pm
Adriel wrote:I have a Scarlett 18i20 audio interface that I want to use with my MPC One for recording multiple live tracks simultaneously. I have successfully connected the interface to the MPC One, but I am unsure if it's possible to arm multiple audio tracks to record separately and at the same time.

As others have said, yes - this is absolutely possible. Just keep in mind that MPC currently does not support disk streaming, so all recordings via Audio tracks will be buffered into your RAM's sample pool and is limited to 4 minutes 59 seconds in length. If you try to record past 5 minutes, the audio will be truncated and lost when you save. Note: this is unrelated to sampling, which is capped at 20 minutes in length for a single stereo or mono recording in the Sample function.
By Acidizer Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:10 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Adriel wrote:I have a Scarlett 18i20 audio interface that I want to use with my MPC One for recording multiple live tracks simultaneously. I have successfully connected the interface to the MPC One, but I am unsure if it's possible to arm multiple audio tracks to record separately and at the same time.

As others have said, yes - this is absolutely possible. Just keep in mind that MPC currently does not support disk streaming, so all recordings via Audio tracks will be buffered into your RAM's sample pool and is limited to 4 minutes 59 seconds in length. If you try to record past 5 minutes, the audio will be truncated and lost when you save. Note: this is unrelated to sampling, which is capped at 20 minutes in length for a single stereo or mono recording in the Sample function.

Why can you sample for 20 minutes but audio tracks are 5 minutes?

What's the difference?
By EnochLight Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:53 pm
Acidizer wrote:Why can you sample for 20 minutes but audio tracks are 5 minutes?

What's the difference?

I’d wager the difference is - allowing all 8 stereo audio tracks (so 16 channels of mono) to record for 20 minutes (so 320 minutes of mono audio/160 minutes of stereo audio) would fill the RAM up too much to guarantee stable operation for the rest of everything else (OS, Keygroups and Drum Programs, etc + another 20 minutes available for sampling). MPC needs disk streaming - like Force.
By HouseWithoutMouse Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:15 pm
The Force allows you to record all 8 tracks at the same time for a long time, even without disk streaming enabled. Which allows you to do awesome things like:

Working with a long audio clip like that is "interesting", because you can't even see it all. Zooming maxes out at a length of about a minute.
By Adriel Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 am
Ultros wrote:Go to the track view menu, where its got all the rows of tracks.. then hold shift and press each red arm button on the tracks you want to simultaneously record.

i tried doing this but it didn't work. It oly lets me arm one track at a time.
By EnochLight Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am
Adriel wrote:

i tried doing this but it didn't work. It oly lets me arm one track at a time.

Under Preferences > Sequencer > Rec Arm: make sure this is set to "Multi".