MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mairc Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:34 am
Just updated to 2.14 to find out that the MPC software and also MPC Live II (in standalone mode) do not react on MMC "Start" and "Stop" commands anymore. I now downgraded to 2.13 and it works again!
I am sending the MMC commands via Morningstar MC6 Midi Controller.

Has anybody experienced this, too?
Is it a bug in 2.14 or are there new/changed (undocumented) MMC commands in 2.14?

Chrisitan
By Ultros Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:37 am
If you do update again for the sake of testing, have a look in the midi settings. if operating properly one needs to have "sync" enabled for the midi connection youre using ie DIN or USB. iirc with just midi sync options flagged it can be bypassed with that option.
By jamos Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:14 am
I gather 2.14 only adds support for stems. The MMC functions should have absolutely nothing to do with this. Their code must be an incredibly fragile web of spaghetti for an issue like this to occur.
By mairc Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:36 am
I agree... what the hell!
Cannot believe that I am the only one who needs to start/stop the MPC with a remote controller in a live setup.
By Empee Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:57 am
Yes, same thing: after the 2.14 update MMC transport commands from Morningstar MC6 to MPC Live 2 didn’t work anymore; downgrade to 2.13 (and Sysex commands only?)
solved it for me; thanks for the advice
By Krys Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:50 am
Hello, same problem since I upgraded to 2.14. My MPC one and my Mpc2 software no longer receive transport commands from my pedalboard.
By soluble72 Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:25 pm
What a relief to read this post! I’ve been trying to hook up a behringer x-touch mini to activate the transport controls via mmc. No luck at all.
By mairc Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:09 pm
Today I got this answer from the AKAI support team:
"I will make sure to forward your request as the removal of this feature wasn't planned."
I'll keep you all updated...
By sridarbiz Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:14 pm
Empee wrote:Yes, same thing: after the 2.14 update MMC transport commands from Morningstar MC6 to MPC Live 2 didn’t work anymore; downgrade to 2.13 (and Sysex commands only?)
solved it for me; thanks for the advice

Thanks Man, I was working with this issue over a week and finally found this thread. Thanks a lot. The upgrade messedup and its all good not. Downgraded to 2.13 and it is working as expected. Thanks a lot.
By Krys Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:38 am
Krys wrote:Hello, same problem since I upgraded to 2.14. My MPC one and my Mpc2 software no longer receive transport commands from my pedalboard.

hello, response from Akaipro following my incident ticket :

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. We are aware of the problem with the MPC not receiving MMC commands from pedalboards after the upgrade to version 2.14. Rest assured, our team is actively working on a fix, and it will be addressed in the upcoming update.

In the meantime, if you require immediate access to the feature, downgrading to version 2.13 should restore the functionality. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to resolve this issue.

If you have any further questions or concerns, or you need help downgrading please feel free to reach out to us.

Best Regards,
By Komatos Records Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:46 pm
I have yet to upgrade from 2.13 to 2.14, and this has given me pause. I don't use the software (other than transferring/installing expansions to the hardware), so I'm not going to be playing with MPC Stems until it's released for the hardware. I have an MPC X with the two 1/4" foot switch pedal jacks. Is this problem occurring with pedals plugged into those jacks? Or just pedal boards plugged in via MIDI/USB? Thinking of updating this weekend since I finally have some free time to test out the new firmware.
By Krys Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:49 pm
Hello, the problem is not midi but simply that at the level of mmc commands transmitted by mmc.
sorry for my english, i use google translate.