MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:46 pm
It's just people pissed 'cause:
1. Their brain refuses to move on to newer gear.
2. Their brain refuses to move on to newer gear.
3. Expect perfection since modern MPC's gave 'em a lil more when NO ONE machine is perfect at everything.
4. Their brain refuses to move on to newer gear.
5. Granulator is a plug-in EFFECT (the phuck u expect?!?) and NOT a dedicated specialized grain machine (see #3).
6. I could say GOTO 01, but, what's the point.
By NearTao Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:48 pm
Hey, it's fine to not get along with a piece of gear... but I always wonder how many hours do some people give to actually learn the gear. A lot of folks are out there chasing some dragon thinking that the next piece of gear "is the one", but they're really just after their own tails. Musicians make the instrument special, not the other way around.

I'm a samplist at heart, and give me some pads and a few knobs and I'll find my way around. I've made some dope stuff on the computer, MPCs, SPs, tablets, PO-33s... whatever it is I can usually get along with it. You put me in front of a keyboard, guitar, or whatever... doesn't matter much what it is... and I can kind of make my way around... and maybe coax something okay out of it... but I know it's not the instrument... it's me. I haven't put the time in.

So hey, to each their own. All I can say is that the modern MPCs have enough under the hood that is in my mind worth checking out... if it doesn't stick it doesn't stick and that's fine... but what do I know.