MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jamos Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:05 pm
Wow. I started using Reaper a couple of months ago, right now just as an adjunct to my MPC but eventually hoping to move most of my production to that. Their commitment to quality is incredible. They've released three updates in the two months I've been using it; the last one had 35 bug fixes and improvements, all listed in detail on the release page. Why can't InMusic take a clue from them?
By 40Beatz Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:28 pm
Bcz Reaper is JUST Software. No Hardware Conflicts. Uses your Computer's CPU/RAM to handle tasks. The MPC is limited on what it can handle.
By jamos Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:16 pm
Bcz Reaper is JUST Software. No Hardware Conflicts. Uses your Computer's CPU/RAM to handle tasks. The MPC is limited on what it can handle.

Umm.. I'm talking about software updates. And the fact that the people on the Reaper team make minor improvements and bug fixes all the time. With the MPCs, major bugs are never addressed, No minor improvements are made. And the updates are totally opaque; we never know exactly what has been changed. (Why did adding support for stems break MMC functionality?)
By 40Beatz Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:30 pm
In my opinion...The Bigger The Company, The More Focused they are on Profit. Functionality is lower on the Totem Pole lol.

"If It Doesn't Make Dollars It Doesn't Make Sense" :lol:

Sad but true
By SuperKonquer Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:46 am
Reaper is Reaper. InMusic makes a giganormous amount of hardware. With that said, I'm not trying to white knight Akai, but they have bug fixed. Slowly, not as fast we would like, but to say they have forsaken us is a bit extreme.