Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By JamesJeffery Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:47 am
I'm working on a flip of R-Kelly's Kisses track. It's not an acapella, I've just chopped it different. Now in the sample I can hear some Rhodes type noise, I want to brink it out more.

I found a nice trick of using Reaktor as an FX synth on the sample loop (I've layered it in the back), which gives some nice high pitched sounds but it's just not enough. But I'd like to pull out those sounds with some sort of processing from the original.

You can hear it more in the second one. They're chords.

Any ideas?
By Lampdog Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:45 pm
Find the frequency, artifacts will remain behind though.

Taking eggs out of a completed baked cake?!
By JamesJeffery Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:51 pm
Lampdog wrote:Find the frequency, artifacts will remain behind though.

Taking eggs out of a completed baked cake?!

Well I wasn't trying to take the egg out of the cake, just give the egg a little more flavour. A bit of chocolate sauce on my cake. :p

I've resorted to recreating the chords and creating a similar sound, then layer it over the top.
By Lampdog Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:12 pm
And that is what I usually do when I can't snatch something from somewhere. I attempt to create it from scratch.

Oh and....

By Menco Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:34 am
I've did something familiair like this before with a few beats.

I just kind of applied the low end theory trick but then with the frequency range of the instrument I want to bring out more to the front. Didn't always get away with it, but can do the trick sometimes.

Just copy the sample/ loop, filter/ Eq and some delay so it blends in better.
By mastasteez Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:32 pm
i find using a notch filter accentuates the frequencies just outside of those being passed. give the knob a wiggle and see what happens (my uncle Cliff used to say that when i was younger)
By MalaKai Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:30 am
Menco wrote:I just kind of applied the low end theory trick but then with the frequency range of the instrument I want to bring out more to the front

:nod: See:

Lots of uses for that trick.