Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By HRTL Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:20 pm
Hey guys! I just randomly pop few tips on finger drumming fast or complex beats with ease. no ads or other ****. cheers! :mrgreen:
By Kabeam Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:55 am
If you dig up a drumbreak that is in 16th notes (ta-ta-ta-ta). Lets say it is for 2 bars. Then chop it 16 times so you have two 16 notes every chop. Then pitch down all a bit and you can make them 16(3) notes. (ta--tata--tata--tata) aka swing.
By Molotovbeatz Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:48 pm
sirparksalot wrote:
es-k wrote:find where your kick is punchiest (what freq)... then go over to your bass/low part of sample and cut a little of that freq

= clarity

Combine this with high pass filtering your kick or bass depending on which dominates the low/sub frequencies

I didnt understand this, can someone please explain?
By tapedeck Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:14 pm
Molotovbeatz wrote:
find where your kick is punchiest (what freq)... then go over to your bass/low part of sample and cut a little of that freq

= clarity
Combine this with high pass filtering your kick or bass depending on which dominates the low/sub frequencies

I didnt understand this, can someone please explain?

they're basically saying don't put too much of the same frequency in the mix.

if the bass and kick are hitting some of the same frequencies, filter or eq that frequency out a little bit from one of the sources.

also protip - an eq is a filter, they both do similar things.
By Lampdog Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:38 pm
tapedeck wrote:also protip - an eq is a filter, they both do similar things.

You'd be surprised how many people don't know that.

Then again, maybe you wouldn't.

:lol:
By peterpiper Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:05 am
I decided to have a nit-picking day :D
An EQ band is a filter. Since an EQ no matter if graphic or parametric have more than one band it has as much filters as bands.
peace
sorry Its 4am and I can't sleep and I'm bored.
By Hepkat Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:10 am
Someone said that New York compression will change your game for the better! I couldn't agree more! One thing I do when I NYC my drums is to leave a lot of tail end on the wet track and keep the decay short on the dry track! This way you can keep the air in your drums with the wet track while the dry track still snaps with the short decay!