By Fanu Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:15 pm
Short studio masterclass 3: how to do drums in D&B.
In this episode, I’m touching a topic I've been asked about for years:
How I do my drums in the type of D&B I like to make.
* Break (drumloop) selection
* What to look for in a break
* Chopping up the drums
* Arranging the drum hits
* What makes a beat "broken"
* Looping the drumhits for length
* The importance of ghost hits
* Using Ableton Multiband Dynamics
* Using Izotope Neutron
I’m a mixing & mastering engineer from Finland.
I also make a lot of music, and always have.
More about me: