Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By oneday2one Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:20 pm
i got the main cd.

everything works and takes up an extremely low amount of ram, ...i would say at least 50% of it his highly useful, ...and about 40% is so good and has a raw-ish old school sound, almost like a record, ...and has just really opened up many ideas to me.

it was so worth it.

i can load up like 20-30 keygroups and take up very little of my ram and still load up my own drums and then still have room to continue with regular samples.

-oneday2one-
By 4dahaterz Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:34 pm
Which CD do you have exactly?
By oneday2one Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:49 am
s1000/s3000

works perfect.

the main cd is called: elite sample library

it costs $75

it basically has a few selections from classic synths from moog to juno

and a lot of drum sounds, ...but it takes me a while to build my drums, i didn't buy it for drums

after that, the main reason i bought it was for the real instrument sounds

its got some really good orchestra type sounds, ...very good sounding pad type sounds

its got a few pretty realistic electric guitars and even horns, especially the french horn, ...it actually sounds good for hip hop.

it has one big sample, ...it calls it a clavinet, but i don't think it sounds like a clavinet, it sounds more like a piano, ...but it sounds very good.

its got some really good electric pianos, ....and lots of random effect.

i haven't really dug that deep into the drum sounds, but it has a lot, ...it will take me at least a good half a day to go through it and find the 'keepers'.

its definitely worth the money i spent, ....and if you load it from the cd rom, ...it loads in the s1000/3000 format, ...which takes up what? ..about a half a megabyte of ram?

these are probably the best samples the s1000/3000 has ever seen.

also there's a lot of good fairlight samples for those of you who know what a fairlight is.

if you save the program after you load it to the hard drive, it saves it as .wav, instead of retaining the same format, which might take up more ram.

but not too much, ....you can still load lots of them, ...definitely good investment if you feel like you're running short of sounds or just want to up what you have.

anyway, ....

-oneday2one-
By 4dahaterz Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:34 am
Thanks for that review... i will have to definitely check that out
By dubkutter Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:02 am
Whats the CD called.
By oneday2one Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:09 pm
its their cd-rom elite sample library series, ...they have 3 cd's ...i got the first one.
By LvngDead Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:51 pm
*cough* torrent that **** */cough*
By dubkutter Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:58 am
Could you please post a link to where you ordered it from.
By Ill-Green Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:12 am
Oooooh! Kid Nepro is old school! I remember his ads in the Source and Rap Pages back in '93. He had a sea-monkey character with a crown on. Classic stuff.
By drumsandsounds Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:18 am
Wow Kid Nepro, Thats old school. Cats were using those off floppies before 2000
By Dr. Lecter Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:06 am
Sh!!!t i remember bying this back in the days.Most of the sounds are outdated,but still a classic.Just like Ken Fen's Zip'O'Drums..striclty drum sounds and kits thrown in zip disk..classic ! Got the whole cd though.Sh!t's bangin'!