Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.

Bymidisax Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:26 am
Someone mentioned that a midi in should be plugged into a midi out, and i wanted to elaborate:

never plug a midi out into another midi out, thats sodomidi.

if you hook everything up and it sounds funny thats comidi.

if it just wont work seek a remidial course.

By MARCODANE79 Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:21 am
binger0 wrote:damn some haterade. Yo man then u shouldnt peep the rest of this site, cause all it is info bout production. U can sit in the dark and do it gully or whatever. If that makes u feel better and "keepin it real". I saw the same questions and deceided to answer them all instead of peeps askin that **** on the daily. Its all love. Aint no one gonna make the bangers for u. This is just like the tech support.

:evil: I agree with you binger. We all should help one another with each other skill of these different units that we all are using. come on guys lets just continue to pitch in and help everybody.

Real Talk!
By MARCODANE79 Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:52 am
:roll: hope i explain this so that i can get a little help><

check it- when making a beat and seq. set at 8 bar loop and you have a 8 bar sample that you want to start at the 2nd bar. when the loop restart at the first bar how can you make the overlap portion of the sample play from start of the seq. to bar 2 and comtinue to loop. for example: after you add the sample starting at the second bar and it plays all the way thru back to the 2nd bar then press stop. then restart the seq. from the first bar, how can you play the overlap portion of the sample fROm bar 1 to bar 2 when restarting the seq? i guess what i'm asking is when the seq. is in record mode and it start over how can i start the seq. playing the overlap portiion first from start point? :?: Please answer step by step. thanks :wink:

By Jacpot Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:30 am
That was a pretty bad explanation but I think i know what your getting at. Its not possible from what I know about mpc's So u can try chopping up the sample into two parts. THe first part should be where u want the sample to come in when u hit start. the second part should be where u want the sample to start on the second bar. Basically u need to chop your sample up into parts.

By Jacpot Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:47 am
whats wrong with chopping it though? Are u having trouble?

By MARCODANE79 Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:30 am
??? I'LL TRY THE CHOP FUNCTION, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE THE MPC2XL IT DON'T HAVE CHOP FUNCTION IT HAVE THE ZONE FUNCTION BUT I'M TO PREFICENT AT IT THO CAN YOU GIVE A FAST STEP BY STEP RUN DOWN TO GET ME STARTED OR SEND LINK WHERE I CAN GET THE INFO. THANKS
By EmmanuelG Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:04 pm
Ive got an mpc25oo, rolandxr sound module and a keyboard controller but i havent got a clue how to save the sounds of the module to the mpc help please
[/quote]
By Jimmynipple Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:46 am
Been lurching for a while now but I can't lurch any more without saying thanks. Thank you to all the people who take the time to share their knowledge and overall understanding of this mighty little machine. Just know that your tips are invaluable and appreciated.

Thanks
By hyraglific Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:56 pm
Yo iv been reading and reading, i forgot to post anything, since im contempt at the moment, il just say thanks Binger, and CashStill and everyone else for putting down some heavy tips n tutorials. Keep up the good work, and il find my own way of helping the community when i have a little more experience.

Safe :P

By andytlr Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:58 am
Hi All,
Thanks for all this info everyone. Like someone said before I've read a lot of the manual but because I'm new to it all it is a bit easier to have someone explain certain things instead of trying to work it out from the manual.

I've got one question though. I've made a song which uses a sample that is about 6 seconds long and I've assigned that to a pad and everything.

When I press that pad the sample starts and continues till it is finished. But then I recorded some scratching which is about 5 seconds long and did exactly the same thing. But when I press that pad it plays the first tiny bit of the sample then stops and I can't work out why because I'm sure I did exactly the same thing.

By Lampdog Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:48 am
What mpc do you have?

Maybe you should make a new thread and place it in the "getting started".

Maybe your pad params are not set to play out the entire sample like the other pad does.

What mpc do you have?

By andytlr Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:57 am
I've got a MPC1000. I tried recording it again and it worked. I Have no idea why it didn't before.

Thanks anyway.

By Lampdog Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:26 am
Did you place it on another pad or what?

What did you do?