Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Ill-Green Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:54 pm
rogue scrunt wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:Can't find that book but, by memory of visiting Upstairs, the salesman showed me a red thing called JamMan that he said made beats. Trying to google it but nothing. Anyone remember the JamMan?

jamman made by lexicon i believe

Not the foot pedal effects. What I saw was like rack mount and it had pads and a jog wheel. This was back in 1995. I knew this producer that had one at Ocean Ave in BK, he let me get a stab at it but I didn't know what I was doing so he slipped in a floppy and was playing these bangin beats. I noticed something distinct about the drums, they sounded digital but it was warm and beefy. Not like old drum machine kits, like an 808 within in a cassette tape. Anyway this Jamman was by a different company and probably the company was called Jamman.
By Coz Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:06 pm
Ill-Green wrote:I didn't know what I was doing so he slipped in a floppy

Something about this line doesn't sound quite right! :lol:
By mr_debauch Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:08 pm
by the way, great link with the scans of the tracks charts...

and man, interesting mystery.

but a swiss drum machine sampler? I dunno, I have no idea what that could be... sure maybe some clavia device but that is swedish, and access is apparently german.... but maybe they made a mistake on the country of origin? Maybe it was some oddball low production small company drum machine?

I guess we won't really know for sure.. we can only speculate assuming the details are accurate, so what swiss companies existed who made samplers or drum machines or things of that nature?
By peterpiper Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:13 pm

:)

https://www.google.de/search?tbnid=-dLY ... 4QSmvoCoCg

mr_debauch wrote:sure maybe some clavia device but that is swedish, and access is apparently german.... but maybe they made a mistake on the country of origin? Maybe it was some oddball low production small company drum machine?

Yes or maybe RZA just told some bs to make a mystery out of it and have fun out of the people wondering about it.

peace
By SimonInAustralia Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:22 am
Ill-Green wrote:I have a feeling its the Drummer Boy box. It looks swiss made too.

Drummer Boy is PAiA kit 7701K, made in Texas, but could have been assembled anywhere.

Ill-Green wrote:I think thats what I saw. Something exactly like that 1200 wannabe.

That 1200 is a 1200, in a rack, not really a wannabe.
By peeping tom Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:44 am
redbox made a bunch of tv broadcast shit back in the day, was probably something from that, a compandor or compressor or some jazz
By Ill-Green Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:19 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:I have a feeling its the Drummer Boy box. It looks swiss made too.

Drummer Boy is PAiA kit 7701K, made in Texas, but could have been assembled anywhere.

Ill-Green wrote:I think thats what I saw. Something exactly like that 1200 wannabe.

That 1200 is a 1200, in a rack, not really a wannabe.

I meant the Jamman. There were bootlegs too and chinese clones. Or perhaps the producer altered the Armen name and labeled it Jamman. I don't know. Now thats another mystery.
By Ill-Green Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:34 am
Coz wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:I didn't know what I was doing so he slipped in a floppy

Something about this line doesn't sound quite right! :lol:

Its purple thats why. I tell you, it was red.