Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By harry.ethics Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:36 pm
Sorry if this is old news to some. But I just found this nice set of videos on YouTube called Rhythm Roulette.

Different producers go into a record shop, pick 3x records at random while blindfolded and then have to go and make a beat from whatever they pick.

watched a few now ...

Full list here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... f_3e9fWZzl

Illmind

Marco Polo

Statik Selektah
By CHOPFYT Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:57 pm
I think this is a little old hat dude but it is good, the El-P one is pretty good

That Lee Bannon one is a bit weak...they should get Es-K on an ep, if that dudes still around, sh*ts changed round here seems like its just the old heads now :?
By acronym Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:07 pm
El- is dope, The Illmind and Marco Polo just shows how good they're at their game.

Surprised Illmind has stopped using the asr-10
By S.I.C.K THE DRUMGOD Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:43 pm
I can see this series on a smaller cable station like Fuse or maybe MTV 2.I would like to see Diamond D or Lord Finesse.Madlib and Oh No would be crazy too.
By abc Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:07 pm
Nevermind, I thought he was gonna do it. I'll keep it up for the interview.
By MFosterUk Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:29 am
I thought Lee Bannon smashed his! His stuff is always different.
By CHOPFYT Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:40 pm
yeah different like a chocolate and tuna sandwich :vomit:
By Ill-Green Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:55 pm
This is the type of thing I wanted to do with a few cats back in the day but dudes weren't confident in themselves thinking its gonna make them look wack. I like to be pushed in a time frame and try to come up with something because it pushes you out of your limits and you really build your skills.