Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By indiecratez Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:15 pm
Peace y'all whats good fam!
i got a problem that's blowing my mind up! Lets see if you can get what i mean since my native language isn't english, i will try my best!
I make my sequences with drums (kicks, snares, hats..) Once i get it i wanna mix it with the samples that i already got assigned to my pads.
Ok here is the problem, when im playing only the drum sequence and i start pressing the pads with the samples they don't sound or they do but cannot get the whole sound. am i makin something wrong?
Thanks in advance
By Dave_Mode Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:20 pm
Setup. 17. Then make sure ur samples do not share the same output as ur drum elements. There's only 8 outs...so one sound will cut off another sustaining sound if assigned to the same output.
By indiecratez Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:58 am
Dave_Mode wrote:Setup. 17. Then make sure ur samples do not share the same output as ur drum elements. There's only 8 outs...so one sound will cut off another sustaining sound if assigned to the same output.

Thank you very much bro, I knew i was doing something wrong... I had the sample sounds in the same channel.
By indiecratez Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:05 am
Dave_Mode wrote:Setup. 17. Then make sure ur samples do not share the same output as ur drum elements. There's only 8 outs...so one sound will cut off another sustaining sound if assigned to the same output.

another question bro if possible,
i got my drums in bank a b and c and then bank d is available for samples but its only 1.2 secs remaining to sample and then 0.6 sec... how can i solve this?
By peterpiper Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:44 pm
SPs to those who deserve it.

Sorry bro. I'm an envy mofo who just don't like it when people buy that rare and special sampler without knowing the basics. All I want to answer now is RTFM and watch youtube vidz of the SP or sell it.
peace
By Dave_Mode Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:49 am
OP caught me in a good mood cause usually I am the RTFM guy @peterpiper. As far as sample time, that's always the challenge with 10.7 seconds - Ya got too be creative a lil bit there.
Way rather speak to a newb sp user then a mpc1000 user.
By head034 Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:32 am
Sharik wrote:

i got my drums in bank a b and c and then bank d is available for samples but its only 1.2 secs remaining to sample and then 0.6 sec... how can i solve this?

Its been a minute since i have used mine... But to solve that issue you will need to possibly get rid of some of the drums sounds and start with a blank slate.. The way Load And/or sample the drums you need... With the sp you really dont have to layer. For me, drums will take up 1.0-1.5 seconds of sampling time... So now you have with the remaining 9-8.5 seconds, you can chop sampled/loop, and whatever else you would like to use. Important note: Truncate all your samples, once u have edited them! This also will give you sample time back, results will very... That was my process with the SP1200 in a nut shell. Make sure you save...!
By indiecratez Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:22 pm
Dave_Mode wrote:OP caught me in a good mood cause usually I am the RTFM guy @peterpiper. As far as sample time, that's always the challenge with 10.7 seconds - Ya got too be creative a lil bit there.
Way rather speak to a newb sp user then a mpc1000 user.

cheers bro
By indiecratez Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:23 pm
head034 wrote:
Sharik wrote:

Its been a minute since i have used mine... But to solve that issue you will need to possibly get rid of some of the drums sounds and start with a blank slate.. The way Load And/or sample the drums you need... With the sp you really dont have to layer. For me, drums will take up 1.0-1.5 seconds of sampling time... So now you have with the remaining 9-8.5 seconds, you can chop sampled/loop, and whatever else you would like to use. Important note: Truncate all your samples, once u have edited them! This also will give you sample time back, results will very... That was my process with the SP1200 in a nut shell. Make sure you save...!

thank you bro
By indiecratez Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:24 pm
peterpiper wrote:SPs to those who deserve it.

Sorry bro. I'm an envy mofo who just don't like it when people buy that rare and special sampler without knowing the basics. All I want to answer now is RTFM and watch youtube vidz of the SP or sell it.
peace

I ve got 2, 1 for sale