Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By spaddict Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:17 pm
I'm wanting to incorporate Ableton with my MPC 2000XL.
Essentially, I want to program drums entirely with the MPC, using the sounds in my MPC to put together the drum sequence(s).

What I am having trouble figuring out is how to set up Ableton to chop samples simultaneously and play VSTs in my DAW as the MPC drum sequence is being constructed and played out of the MPC (basically, having both units sync so I can compose drums via MPC and samples & additional instruments via Ableton simultaneously).

I know I eventually have to track out the audio from the MPC into Ableton, but I am ultimately trying to compose using both the DAW and MPC at the same time.

Im using a Scarlett 2i2 as my interface (which doesnt have MIDI) and I have this USB to MIDI cable:
(http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDgwMA==/ ... 880000500F)

Is there a way to set up the MPC and ableton in order to implement this workflow? I'm guessing that Ableton should be set as the Master, is that correct?

What settings should I set for Ableton and the MPC respectively to achieve this set-up?