Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By lolwat Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:26 pm
How can I get that oldschool sound?
For example this, those drums just feel so good :nod:
By lolwat Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:26 pm
vout wrote:http://skulltheft.tumblr.com/post/256038796/rza-on-gear

Good read, thx. I got MPC Studio as my first drum machine, next thing will probably be some oldschool stuff.
Sampling from vinyls would be cool, but yeah no equipment for that..
I don't like Ableton that much and I couldn't get MPC working in it..
Im more looking for possible ways in MPC Software, like adding effects, using specific drum kits - so far I found Waybak to +/- hit the vibe Im looking for, but still looking for more 8)
By lolwat Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:12 am
peterpiper wrote:BREAKS!

sport
synthetic
and some others
:)
peace

I don't get it :shock:
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:07 pm
lolwat wrote:
peterpiper wrote:BREAKS!

sport
synthetic
and some others
:)
peace

I don't get it :shock:

What's not to get..........You know............. Drum Breaks, the foundation building blocks on which hip hop was created on 8)

and whole load of others.
By Ill-Green Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:36 pm
There really is no secret. You gotta be either grimey for real or Mr. Clean for fake to have drums like that. Any sampler can make those drums and no processing necessary except maybe a preamp or EQ to make the signals hot. Its that old saying "you are what you eat", same goes for samplers when you feed it. Hank Shocklee used to buy brand new records then beat the hell out of them because he thought the sound was too clean and sampled the bruised sounds. Its gotta be in you. You can't be the one looking in while you stare at someone eating a portahouse steak, you gotta be that dude eating the steak.
By Living Bate Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:09 pm
Ill-Green wrote:You can't be the one looking in while you stare at someone eating a portahouse steak, you gotta be that dude eating the steak.

And just because the other bloke is having his steak medium-rare with peppercorn sauce it doesn't mean you have to. Even if his plate looks delicious, you should consider ordering yours well done with a BBQ sauce or a maybe honey mustard dressing.

In truth you don't even have to get your steak from the same restaurant. The one across the road might have better cuts or maybe more variety of sides.

Every man likes his steak a little way different.
By Lampdog Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:29 pm
A Pittsburgh rare steak is one that has been heated to a very high temperature very quickly, so it is charred on the outside but still rare or raw on the inside. The degree of rareness and the amount of charring on the outside may vary according to taste. The term "Pittsburgh rare" is used in some parts of the American midwest and eastern seaboard, but similar methods of sear cooking are known by different terms elsewhere, including Chicago-style rare and, in Pittsburgh itself, black and bleu.

I used to only want Pittsburgh rare samples.