Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Lampdog Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:25 pm
Not every steak SHOULD be every style.
By Living Bate Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:05 am
some people like their steak cut up into 12 bits some people like their steak cut up into 24.....

neither is right or wrong.....

personally i take care to try and ensure that all my steaks are responsibly sourced....but some will get their steak from anywhere.....

a good chef can still make a bad steak tasty....
By Lampdog Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:19 pm
Living Bate wrote:a good chef can still make a bad steak tasty....

Very true.

So, @op, get to cookin.
By richie Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:24 pm
I usually go to big time studios and do a search for *.ptf and copy all their sessions.
By lolwat Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:33 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Living Bate wrote:a good chef can still make a bad steak tasty....

Very true.

So, @op, get to cookin.

:worthy:
By Lampdog Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:59 pm
I don't know why but I keep reading Op's username WAAAAYYy wrong :lol:
By richie Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:07 pm
By richie Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:10 pm
lolwat wrote:: mhm, I can't load some samples, any advice?

Send a msg to Living Bate, he can help you out with that.
Last edited by richie on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Living Bate Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:18 pm
richie wrote:Send a msg to Raudy, he can help you out with that.

you don't think maybe you've rinsed the Raudy thing?
By Jrogersz Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:43 pm
lolwat wrote:
vout wrote:http://skulltheft.tumblr.com/post/256038796/rza-on-gear

Good read, thx. I got MPC Studio as my first drum machine, next thing will probably be some oldschool stuff.
Sampling from vinyls would be cool, but yeah no equipment for that..
I don't like Ableton that much and I couldn't get MPC working in it..
Im more looking for possible ways in MPC Software, like adding effects, using specific drum kits - so far I found Waybak to +/- hit the vibe Im looking for, but still looking for more 8)

Hey.... sampling from vinyl is actually much more simple than you think, literally all you need is a turntable and your drum machine. Connects with 1/4 RCA cables and that's literally it... don't need much equipment
By JVC Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:54 pm
Many drum breaks were taken from Ultimate Breaks & Beats compilations for Hip hop productions.
(plus many many dance oriented productions), late 80s' to 90s'
Many of the songs on UB&B comps have been properly reissued, (i.e. not as bootlegs), so I'd recommend look for those,
as they sound better than UB&B versions.

Honey Drippers "Impeach the President" was remastered and reissued in the 90s' as a 12-inch single (by Tuff City Records, who own the right of the song) and 90 seconds longer than the 7-inch version. It was a strange reissue, because the 12-inch single also includes Spoonie G's songs...

Melvin Bliss "Synthetic Substitution" hasn't been properly re-released, as far as I know. Maybe the master tape has been lost... (Alpha Omega version (bootleg) sounds pretty good though.)

Incredible Bongo Band has been re-issued properly. (I recommend "Bongo Rock: The Story Of The Incredible Bongo Band" CD / LP.)

Brethen's "Outside Love" - This one might have been used more often than "Impeach." The LP was re-issued in South Korea a few years ago.
By lolwat Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:33 am
^ never heard of anything from those, in past I was more into punk rock and wanted to be a rockstar then years went by and I switched to pop, then rap/trap and now I am stuck with mpc while my guitar is collecting dust :-D